Wednesday, November 08, 2006

New obsessions


Ok, first of all I wanted to update you on the baby blanket. It's finished and end up looking like this. The edges are rolling in a little, but I don't think that's something that a little steam and an damp cloth can't fix. Should I give it to her now, or wait until she actually has the baby?




Another thing I started on yesterday was mini socks. Did you see the nice stitchmarkers I got from Anja the other day? Did you also see the little keychain sock? Well, I desided to give it a try and it's really fast, uses up little leftover balls of yarn and therefore is very rewarding. These are going to be little stocking stuffers for my family on christmas. It's nice to stick some change in there you might need for a shopping card or something like that. Nowadays everybody has a cell phone so there goes the idea with keeping change to make a phone call in there. As you can tell I have lots more little leftover balls of yarn and I'm all for using up the last of everything. I hate wasting things and my husband calls me a packrat for all the things I keep, just in case I need them sometime down the road.



Here is a not so nice picture of what my adopted daughter aka "The DOG" did to one of our socks the other day, when my kids just left them laying around instead of putting them in the laundry, where they should go. They were worn ones so they must have had a especially yummy smell to them. No wonder, after the were stuck in sneakers all day.




Also I signed up for another Knitalong. I swear, if I get started on something I just keep going, and going, and going, ........ like the Energizer Bunny :)

Sorry, but I'm feeling a little funny today. I also have company today. My older son stayed home from school today, he wasn't feeling well and I'm used to having the mornings to myself, undisturbed and uninterupted. Grrr. Especially if he is watching TV the whole time and then tried to take over MY computer. This is MY timeslot and nobody better touch those keys!!!!

3 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the blanket with the pretty edging.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Erica said...

The blanket is very pretty!

 
At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Danke fuer das Besuch! Die Soeckchen sind total sueß und Decke ist wunderschon - 180 Maschen auf die Nadel kann ich ueberhaupt nicht vorstellen ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home