Saturday, November 11, 2006

Fingers or no fingers?

Ok, I need some help here. I started on a pair of wristwarmers/fingerless mittens to keep me warm when I'm out walking my dog. The original pattern calls for a cast of about 4 inches past the thumb, but I'm debating wether I should make it cut off fingers instead? What do you think. I really love the pattern and the braid went really quick. I just started this one yesterday and I'm this far now. I guess I'll be forced to take a break to wait for your suggestions or make up my mind myself. I still appriciate your input. I had three balls of this yarn and I haven't even finished one whole skein, so I guess I might even get to knit a matching hat. The pattern is from a german knitting blog, but she also has the instructions in english, so go visit Petra and check it out.

3 Comments:

At 9:48 AM, Blogger Erica said...

Those are very nice gloves, thanks for the link. Not sure what to say about the length, I guess it's a personal choice.

 
At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personally, I like my fingerless mitts to go up to almost my knuckles and I don't like individual fingers, because I like to be able to tuck my fingers inside now and then if I need to. :)

 
At 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're looking great so far! And just think, you can try the longer version and always undo them if you want them shorter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home