Monday, November 13, 2006

Gloves are done

Here are my finished gloves. I desided to do half fingers. Like this my hands won't be so cold and I can still pick up things. I absolutely love the braid in it. I wish it would have come out a little better on the picture, but unfortunately I can't snap a picture of both of my hands myself.








Both gloves weigh 56 gr and I used 3 mm needles. I guess with a little shorter cuffs one pack of yarn would have been enough. I'm surprised how fast they went. The braid makes them look fancy and the ribbing makes them snug but not tight at all. They are going to be my favorites, well, ok, between those, some store bought ones and some made of rabbit fur there is not much to choose from, I guess.

13 Comments:

At 12:23 AM, Blogger Joanna said...

Those are absolutely gorgeous, Angelika! How DID you take that picture? Were you balancing the camera between your chin and shoulder? Ha ha.

Thanks soooo much for the pictures of your knitting machine. I'm so amazed at what it and you can do! Maybe someday.... A girl can dream, right?

 
At 2:54 AM, Blogger Erica said...

Great job; they're awesome!

 
At 3:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That braid looks really cool! They're a hand-hugging piece of art :)

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Dave said...

They look absolutely wonderful, and I think you made the perfect length. Thanks for the link to the pattern -- it's now on my ever-growing "to do" list. :-)

 
At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love them with the half fingers, very cool!

 
At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your gloves turned out beautifully, I love the details like the cable and half fingers.

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Petra said...

Die sind wirklich toll geworden. Welche Wolle hast du denn jetzt genommen?
Vielen Dank übrigens für das feedback. Sowas freut mich total :-)

LG aus der Heimat
Petra

 
At 2:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kuckuck! Wollte auch mal wieder wás von mir hören lassen. Sind toll geworden, die Handschuhe! Uff, ich bin froh, daß die Ladenfete hinter mir ist. Hatte in den zwei Tagen nahezu zwei Monatsverdienste..... Was will man mehr? Wenn du da gewesen wärest, wären es vielleicht drei geworden... *hüstel*.
LG Karin

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Marina said...

Hey, I want the pattern too! They gorgeous! The nicest I've seen.

 
At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are gorgeous! I love the cables. Great job.

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Leigh said...

Those are beautiful! I love the cable detail.

 
At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for reminding me about those, I love them!

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger AuntieAnn said...

I like yours a lot with the half fingers! Thanks for your comment on mine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home