Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Some of my Quilts

So since I went through the closet for the fabric, I figured I show you why I have all this fabric and how I got so many scraps. Here are some of my master pieces. At least these are some of the ones I still have at home. I lost track on how many I made since I started quilting, but I know I gave away a whole bunch of them as presents for weddings or birthdays or to my MIL and so on. A lot of them were baby quilts too. I know this is supposed to be a knitting blog and I'm afraid I'll have to change the name of it, but like I said before, as long as it's made with needles and thread, no matter what kind, I'm there. Did I mention that my aunt used to sew and my mom's uncle was a tailor? I guess it's in the blood somehow. Oh, and I just got the new KnitPicks catalog in the mail and already found something I can do again. I love the catalogs, if not to buy, then at least for inspiration.

6 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you've made some beautiful quilts. You are a very talented woman, aren't you? I tried my hand at quilting before the kids were born, but once I discovered knitting, I completely lost interest in quilting. Maybe when someone figures out how to put more hours in the day, I can go back to it :)

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Marina said...

They're magnificent!

When I first came to the U.S., there was only one horrible LYS. Out of desperation, I tried quilting. Failed miserably at it.

 
At 10:37 PM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

is there anything your don't do? ;) you crochet , knit, quilt... anything else we should know about! your are soooo talented in the arts... truely you are.....

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Erica said...

Your quilts are beautiful! Someday I'll teach myself to use that machine I have. The only action mine's had is with the awful ACUs.

 
At 5:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Die sehen ja toll aus! Für sowas habe ich keine Geduld....
LG Karin

 
At 4:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo Angelika,

your quilts are beautiful. Die Farbzusammenstellung ist einfach klasse.
Wie schaffst Du das alles nur? ich bin wirklich begeistert.
Grüße
Angelika from Germany, Freising

 

Post a Comment

<< Home