Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Kimono Progress

I have to apologize to my fellow bloggers for slacking like this. I came across my own blog and realized that it has been a while (over a week?) since I posted. There really hasn't been much going on in my knitting world. I had to take it slow on the kimono shawl. Well, I didn't really want to and I guess I really didn't, but it sure felt like it. It's dragging and I have to put a row marker on the side every day I work on it to let myself know that I AM making progress, slowly, but surely. I'm about to finish the 12th repeat of 25. I lost track on when cast on, but I hope to finish it before the end of this year.










I also was asked to make some more mini stockings. My neighbor's daughter took the one I made for her to school and now all her friends and even her teacher want some. So guess what I was doing last night and this morning since 4.30 am? Yes, I was making little ropes to use as hangers and two more socks. No, I wasn't all excited about making little socks, I just couldn't sleep with the heater kicking in all the time and the vent hitting me with cool air before the heat actually came out. I'm thinking of moving my bed away from the vent or just closing it. It was actually to the freezing point here last night and I bet a lot of people have to scrape their windshields free of frost this morning. I'm glad my car is in the garage and hopefully it'll warm up before I have to take it out. Unfortunately I have to walk the dog when I take the boys out to the bus in less than an hour and I'll get to use my nice cabled gloves.

5 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes, it's good to work on a project slowly. This way, you'll be less likely to make mistakes, and wind up with a beautiful shawl.

 
At 11:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a lot of slow going projects myself. I can't even blog about them because in photos you can't tell that I have even done anything at all to them. Your shawl is looking great so far!

 
At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Na, der wird aber toll! Ist das deine Edelmaterial? Babysöckchen stricken und frieren ist wohl nicht so wirklich klasse. Bei uns in Old-Germany ist es nicht so kalt, heute 14°C. Irgendwie kommen da aber auch keine Weihnachtsgefühle auf, von wegen Glühwein auf'm Weihnachtsmarkt trinken, igitt!
Grüßle, Karin

 
At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks really pretty, the color is gorgeous. Savor the feeling of knitting with cashmere ;)

 
At 12:59 PM, Blogger Erica said...

It's turning out lovely. Hey, don't sweat it. I'm still working on that shawl we were doing together. No rush here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home