Monday, January 08, 2007

Houston, we have a problem

I guess somebody is giving me a hint that I need to take a break and work on something else. I have an unscheduled delay on my Rona Lace Shawl. Why? Well, I got to the end of my first skein or yarn and wanted to pull out the second one and had to find out that one of our windows wasn't shut all the way during this mornings rain and the bag with my yarn was sitting right under that window. Do I have to say more? The bag and the two balls of yarn got wet. There is no way I can knit with wet yarn, so I ran through the whole house trying to find something I could wind my yarn onto, that was easy enough to slip it off again. I guess a short hand rail on the stairs had to do the trick. Now my two skeins of yarn are drying while I'm writing this note. I guess my Kimono Shawl needs some attention? You got it. Let's see how far I get, by the time the first skein is dry.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, I h8 when that happens, especially when you've gotten rid of everyone and have your whole day planned!

 
At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, how discouraging - wet yarn does not sound good at all, but I'm glad you were able to salvage it. And I really like the way the Rona Lace Shawl is knitting up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home