Friday, December 29, 2006

I've started something new!!

Sorry, I still don't have pictures, but I'm getting there. My dinosaur of a Sony Mavica is charging up and I'm digging in my house for 3.5" floppy discs. Do you all still remember what those are? You feed them to the camera and then to the computer.

Anyway. Thanks to Keri and her generousity I got a new project on the needles. She surprised me for christmas with a set of new needles, the interchangable options needles from Knit Picks, also the pattern for the Rona Lace Shawl and, to get me started, the yarn to go with it. Not the horizon, like on the website, but a very nice Shadow vineyard. You have to go to the website to see the color. It's a really deep, rich grapety purple. I had to start on the pattern yesterday. It was just itching too much to leave it laying there for another day. The only other thing I've done with a written out pattern before was Pooh and he was crochet. Now it's off to the knitting. I remember always admiring the lacy doilies I found around the house that my grandma knitted and I was always wondering how she did it. Well, I guess now it's up to me to give it a try.

To let you know about the progress, I'm on round 14 so far and (gasp) there are 153 (!) rounds in all. And remember, with almost every row there are more stitches to add. What was I thinking? I don't know, but it's nice to knit a project together. I guess that's our own little personal knitalong between Keri and me. I only found one more blog, that was working on that pattern so far. Anybody interested?

I'll keep you posted and hopefully next time with pictures.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Blogger Erica said...

I can't wait to see it!

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Petra said...

Tolles Weihnachtsgeschenk! Du MUSST brav gewesen sein ;-))

LG
Petra

 
At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that you started the shawl, so maybe you're back in the knitting groove? I don't think I'll be joining you and Keri on this one, but it will be fun to watch your progress!

 
At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that's such a pretty shawl-lucky you!!! Du musst echt brav gewesen sein!!

 
At 7:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me to I am on row 41 its so nice to find someone else who is knitting it

 

Post a Comment

<< Home