Monday, January 01, 2007

Guess what - PICTURES!!!!!



A Happy New Year to YOU
Thank you for sticking with me and reading my ramblings for the last couple of months since I started my blog. This was all new to me and I'm still learning with every post. You have all been a great help to me whether on how to work this machine or how to solve my knitting problems. Your advice and your comments are always very much appreciated and even critic will be noted. Please keep checking in with me in the future.
Now how about those pictures? No, it's not the old mavica. I guess Santa cleaned out his sled when he got back from his Christmas trip and found another package addressed to me. I found a box on my kitchen table yesterday when I got back from work (yes, I had to work new years eve). It is a brand new (not hand me down) HP Photosmart M425 with printer!!!
I love Santa. I guess I was really good after all, or maybe it's just because I'm supporting him in getting a new bike, the gas burning one that is, instead of griping about the money issue. But that doesn't belong in this blog.

So now it's time to show off how far I got on my Rona Lace Shawl. Well, actually the picture shows about row 35, but after last night I'm already on row 43. Sorry for the poor focus on it, but I'm still experimenting with the new camera. I keep track of the pattern by putting a strip of masking tape under the row I'm working on, so I don't make any mistakes. I actually spliced the yarn at one point and I had to drop stitches to get to the mistake and knit it back up. It's getting kinda hard to get a good picture of the progress, because it's getting a little crowded on the cable. For the next progress shot I'll change over to a longer cable to show it off and hopefully the focus is better. I wish there was an adapter to connect the two 24" cables I have to make it one long one. I bet at row 100 or so I'll start having trouble keeping all the stitches on the cable, so I might have to send out for some longer cables and another set of tips. I really like the needles though. (Thank you Keri)

Now I have another request for all of you out there in blogland. See that scarf up there? I found it in the mall and even though I'm not too crazy about the colors, it's the pattern that has captured me and to be honest, it's driving me nuts that I can't figure out how it's made. I saw the same kind of scarf in Germany, before I left there. Everybody was walking around with them there last winter and I saw one hanging outside a store every day on my way to work until that one day that somebody bought it. Now that I found this one I had to have it so that dilemma wouldn't repeat itself. I would love to make one for myself in the colors I want, but, like I said, I can't figure it out. It looks the same on both sides and it's made the long way and each of the colors are four strands going up, not across. So this is where you come in. Any suggestions? I'd really appriciate if anybody could tell my how it's make of how to get the pattern for it. Thanks for all your help in advance.
It's time to get back to my shawl now, so I'll have something else to show of next time. Hooray for digicams.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, Santa mad a good move, buying a new camera! A good way to start off the new year.
You're making good progress on the shawl already. It's going to be so lovely when it's finished. I wish I had the attention span to actually knit a shawl. Hopefully someday soon.
As for the scarf, I'm really bad at identifying stitches, so I won't be much help. Maybe it's a slip one, knit one pattern. Hopefully someone else with a keener eye for these things will step up and help you out.

 
At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Santa was really good to you, lucky girl!! I love the progress on your scarf-isn't it addictive??
I'm sorry I can't help you with the scarf but I'm still in my learning phase of knitting and have no idea what stitch that is. It is really pretty, I have to say.

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Kucki68 said...

Hi,

I think the bought scarf is "intarsia" that is each strip going up is knit from a seperate ball of yarn. As for the pattern I am thinking left leaning decreases in one row an right leaning ones in the next paired with yarn overs might make that pattern, but I have not tried.

 
At 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The shawl is looking great, and you are zipping right past me! I'm only on row 40!

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Verona said...

Although, originally I thought this pattern was done a weaving loom, I was wrong. I actually found your pattern. It is called Mildred's Couplet and goes as follow: This is copied directly from the book: Knit and Crochet Your Own Design by Francesca Parkinson ISBN: 0-668-04126-9 page, 115-116
“For even numbers of stitches. Cast on with normal size needles. Work on needles three to four sizes larger. Work two stitches together but allow only one to slide onto the right-hand needle. The other one remains on the left-hand needle. This stitch becomes the first stitch of the next couplet. Work loosely and stitches will be easier to manipulate. Bind off with smaller needle.
Basic Row: knit into the back look of each stitch. (tbl)
Row 1 *P2 tog., slide 1 off*. Repeat from * P last stitch
Row 2 *K2 tog. tbl, slide off*. Repeat from * and end K1.
Repeat these two rows.
Bind off on purl side. Do not neglect to work the last stitch of each row. Decreases should be made in the direction of the stitch; placed at sides.

Verona

 

Post a Comment

<< Home