Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Pictures to justify

Have you noticed, that I don't knit a lot of socks lately? It's just too warm here. Yes, I know, I need to quick making everybody feel even colder, but it's a fact. I got tons of sock yarn and don't feel like knitting socks right now. Here is another reason.
These are the socks of my beloved children just from this weeks laundry. Do you see why they run out of socks and do you understand, why I don't want to knit any socks for them? How do you get holes in your heels? I don't know, but they are able to do it anyway. The only thing those are still good for is either dusting or playing with the dog.
On a nicer note now, I broke down and tried to capture my progress on the round shawl anyway. It's really hard to spread the shawl without it coming of the needles and still show off some of the design. And the other one just so you understand why people think I'm knitting a bag.

5 Comments:

At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huhu Angelika, ich kann es kaum abwarten bis mein pattern kommt...sooo schoen wird dein shawl. Meine Fuesse frieren hier ab obwohl ich hier mit doppelt gestrickten Monstersocken hier sitze u. meinen gefilzten Pantoffeln....Bibber.....Hubby will auch dass ich ihm seine "Ronald Mc Donald " slippers hinschicke...Liebe Gruesse, Anja

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger stricken madchen said...

My kids socks look like that too. The holes in the heels confuse me too. I've knit most of their socks & I must say that my socks last longer than store bought ones. I love your lace!

 
At 4:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Au Weia! Manchmal denkt man sich da, schade um die Arbeit! Aber die selbergestrickten halten wie gesagt doch noch besser als die gekauften. Bei uns ist es auch nicht kalt. Keiner will Wolle kaufen.... Aber da kann man nix machen!
Das Löcherteil sieht ja interessant aus! Jedoch kann ich mir es immer noch nicht als Schal vorstellen. Bin mal gespannt!
LG Karin

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Marina said...

Those look like my family's socks but usually the hole is at the ball of the foot.

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

i wouldn't knit them socks either! love the round shawl its beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home