Sunday, January 28, 2007

Thanks to all of you

I just wanted to say a quick thank you to all of you that left me those great comments for my Rona Lace and for all the other things. Unfortunately, with blogger, I get the notice on my email, but the name shows as a non-reply message, so I can't leave you a personal reply to the comment you left for me. Sorry. I can check your blog, but some of you don't have and email link on there. Has anybody advice for me, how to get those addresses to show? I know it's a common curtesy to answer to comments in blogland, but I could only leave comments on your blog then, instead of an email. Plus I finally got to see 11 of my very first comments left for me back in august. Thanks again for those. It was like looking at old pictures, even though it was only a couple of months ago. I guess I'll never stop learning.

I'm working on another hat right now, but somehow I can't get my tension even this time. Maybe I need to relax before I knit with two strands.

6 Comments:

At 10:14 PM, Blogger Dave said...

As far as I know, it's up to the person who is commenting to put an email address into their blogger profile. That the only way you get a reply address. If they don't have it there, your comment notification shows as no reply, You can try to dig around in their blog, if you can get there, but it's not always there either.

It's too bad, because I like to reply comments too, but I've just about given up because it takes too much time to dig around and find addresses. :-(

 
At 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know, I hate Blogger's commenting feature, which is a big reason why I moved my blog to Typepad. You could try using Haloscan for your comments. I think it's free, and there is a place for commenters to put in their email address. I don't know if they email your comments to you, I guess you'd have to do a bit more research. It's worth a try, though!

 
At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just going to say what Rachel did but she beat me to it =) When I was blogger I used haloscan if you "donate" some money like $10, they will email your comments to you. It only worked about half of the time thought and drove me up the wall but it might be worth looking into.

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Marina said...

I reply when I have time! But nearly always when questions are asked. I know, I'm bad!

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger PJ said...

yes, this and some blogger friends have tested all kind of methods...even WITH a email in profile you get that. I just have most of my people who comment in my address and just forward their comment and reply to them. Just an extra click- no biggie. This is one thing I think Blogger should work on though. wonder if the new version has it? Don't want to convert yet.

 
At 4:48 AM, Blogger Julie said...

I wish I knew how too, because you begin to develop these friendships with people through comments, but sometimes there are things you want to say and keep a bit private. So you've asked a question I need the answer to as well! I always think people believe I'm ignoring them when I don't respond to their comments, and I'm not!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home