Wednesday, February 14, 2007

It's another FO show off day. I got the two hot pink ponchos done and can show them off. Unfortunately I have no good model to show them off so the chest of drawers has to do the job. Here they are:





All I used was 4 balls of Red Heart KOOKY 90 % Acrylic/10 % Polyester in Pink 85g=3 oz per pack/99m=108yds, worked on 8mm Addi acrylic needles with gold sparkles. Trust me, the looks I get with those needles are intereting.


Another thing I wanted to show you was the lovely bag for my sock knitting project I got from Keri the other day. It's in my favorite colors purple of course and has a lacy draw string. In the inside there are several pockets to hold my DPN and other small things you might need. Very nifty idea and I feel honored to own one of her bags. I love being a guinea pig sometimes and get test projects. Yumm!



Another thing I was wondering about is, if anybody has a pattern source for not just knee high, but thigh high socks/leggings/... whatever else you might call them. It's an odd request, but I'm always up for a challenge and wouldn't mind giving this crazy idea a try.







Labels:

3 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everything looks great!

As far as thigh high socks, you could convert the knee sock pattern I'm knitting to thigh highs easily. Just measure around the leg and calculate the number of decreases to the knee.

Good luck keeping them up though. Garters would be a must.

Should I be scared that I appear to have my own category now??? ;)

 
At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute ponchos! Will you get a picture of the recipients wearing them?

 
At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know there's a pattern in Holiday Handknits? Handknits Holiday? by Melanie Falick.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home