Friday, February 23, 2007

Computer trouble

You'll see some delays on my blog for now, because I have computer trouble at the moment. My laptop made an unscheduled landing on the ground and the display is busted. Thanks to some advice I hooked up another monitor, which eliminates that problem for now, but now I'm far away from the modem, which requires running an ugly internet cable down the stairs. At the moment I'm using my husband's computer, which doesn't let me load any of my camera's pictures without installing the software and I'd rather not do that. But like I said, I hope to have those kinks worked out soon too, it just takes me a little longer.

In the meantime I'm proud to say that the baby quilt is done, so are the booties and they will be presented to the proud parents this weekend. Don't worry, I already took pics to show to you later. The cable set was a success. The recipient was very happy about it. Now I'll make her a pair of my little mini key chain socks as a thank you. Can't take credit for this idea, Anja does that every time she makes a sale or a swap on her etsy account. Neat, I think.

I'll take my camera to work today and hope to catch the legwarmers in action, since I forgot to take a picture of them again. I guess it's partially because I'm not too crazy about the colors, but that didn't matter to the new owner of them. She loves them and wears them proudly.

4 Comments:

At 12:21 PM, Blogger Verona said...

Hello Angelika
Yes having computer troubles can be very cumbersome and annoying, especially for a creative person like you. Adding an external monitor is great. I use a laptop with a 19” external monitor and have connected a regular keyboard. Although my laptop is in great technical shape its keyboard is broken for a very long time and adding these two components extended the computers life so to speak. I hope yours will work out as well as mine did.

Hoping to get a glimpse of your legwarmers!

Verona

 
At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no!! Hope it all gets fixed soon.

 
At 5:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sch...! So eine Computer-Zwangspause fürdert das nicht die Kreativität, oder wenigstes Produktivität? Habe für mich feststellen müssen, so schön wie es ist, aber dieser Kerl ist ein echter Zeitfresser! Macht aber Spaß!
LG und baldige Genesung für dein Laptop!
Karin

 
At 6:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thank you for your comment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home