Tuesday, March 13, 2007

New Project on the needles

Well, after another finished object there has to be a new one on the needles, right? I need all the distraction I can get, so here we go. I started on the Bonita Shirt from the summer issue 2006 of Interweave Knits. It caught my eye back then and now, that the temperatures are starting to climb (we had 84 degrees today!) it's definately time to put away the 100 % wool and dig out the cotton. Or cotton/linen in this case. I just happen to stumble across the perfect yarn for this project in my stash and after swatching (I usually don't do that) and washing it and washing it again and even throwing it into the dryer, it ended up with the same exact gauge as in the pattern. Great! I guess we have a winner. I actually started on this one while I was doing my last dance with the kimono shawl, kind of to have something to look forward to, and I guess it worked.



Now I'm about 8 inches into the project and it's growing pretty fast. One reason is probably, that all I have to knit it knit stitches with the occasional YO and k2tog or ssk, but no purls. That of course makes it faster and the other thinkg is, that I'm working on the front and the back at the same time and once I'm done with this the sleeves should be only a little thing to add. So, here I am now, knitting away on it, feeling pretty good about it. Oh, btw, I don't know if you can see it really good, but I'm using Anja's stitch markers she sent me a while back. Thanks and they are being well used right now.



Just in case you are wondering how yesterdays fair well went, here a few impressions:

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 12:29 AM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Oh I want to knit that one too!! I remember seeing it and loving it. Thanks for reminding me. ;)
Oh and you're very lucky to have such a good-looking family.

 
At 1:16 AM, Blogger Sylvie said...

I like that sweater too, it's on my to-do list! Can't wait to see you wearing it! :)

 
At 2:03 AM, Blogger Erica said...

Aw, dang. Sorry it finally happened. I'm sending lots of hugs your way!

Can't wait to see how Bonita turns out, I really like that one.

 
At 2:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, those pictures make me so sad. Don't forget, I'm here for support if you need it.

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger Marina said...

Count me in as another you has Bonita on their "list"! You knit too fast. Maybe it's time you did a full size Fair Isle sweater!

 
At 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonita is looking great!

As you well know - I'm always here to chat, just pick up the phone! =)

PS - the brownies turned out good, and I didn't eat all of the brownie batter, barely. I actually left some for the other people. =)

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger Kimberly said...

I've been trying to decide on some yarn but haven't quite found any yet. One more question, do you think it's possible to make the sweater longer? I usually make all my sweaters longer but because of the design I'm not sure if it would be possible.

 
At 4:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Geli,
will mich auch wieder mal bei dir melden. Hast ja wieder tolle Projekte gemacht. Die rote Stola - wow! Was für eine Arbeit!!! Laß dir's gut gehen und halt schön die Nadeln warm!
LG Karin

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Tami said...

Your Kimono shawl looks amazing. I love your color choice.

The Bonita Shirt caught my eye the first time I saw it also. But then I was hesitant because of the embroidery. It takes me forever to do embroidery. Can't wait to see how yours turns out.

Busch Gardens in Tampa Bay is one of my favorite places. I love the white tigers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home