Sunday, March 18, 2007

Cotton Crazy

I guess you could say that I'm a little cotton crazy the last few days. I had to put down the Bonita shirt for a little while and pulled out my cotton sock yarn to cast on some socks. I have neglected my feet for a while and since it's getting warm here, at least during the days, very fast, I need some new socks. Please disregard the mosquito bites, they are also out in full force :)
Not only do the knit up very fast, but I think I might be able to get a second pair of socks from one big ball of 100 gr. sock yarn. On this one I used Online Supersocke Cotton No. 018, just if anybody asks. I knitted the cuff only 10 rounds then 5 more in stockinette, before I started with the short row heel. That's my favorite. I also used the same technique on the toe, but I sewed it up with the kitcheners stitch at the bottom, instead of on the top. Just my own personal preference. Now I can wear those in my sneakers and don't have to worry about swimming away in them. Maybe I'll knit up the second half from the toe up, just to make sure I have enough yarn left, but then comes the pesky cast off. I was thinking of the italian way, where you sew off the stitches rather than knitting them off, but the one time I tried that, it just didn't quite work for me. Any other cast off suggestions? I'm open for them.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Blogger Erica said...

Mosquitos are one thing I sure don't miss about Georgia. Oh, the water bugs too. Eww!

 
At 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those socks are very cute. Have you tried EZ sewn bindoff?

 
At 2:27 AM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

I haven't tried knitting cotton socks yet, but yours are SO CUTE I may just give them a try!

I was also going to recommend the EZ sewn bindoff.

 
At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They look cute, very camo-ey!

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger Verona said...

Angelika, I like them they’re gorgeous!

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger Marina said...

Why did you have to put Bonita down?

Cute socks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home