Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Chenille or not?

The two scarves are completed and dropped off yesterday. The two girls will be happy and mom didn't have to twist her fingers in a knot making them. On to the next project? Well, I tried to. I started on the yellow blanket and got as far as the first strip. Take a look. Pretty, isn't it?

Well, here is a close-up picture. Still pretty, right?

Well, but it's not soft and that is the whole thing wrong with it. Ever worked with Chenille? I thought that stuff is supposed to be all soft and all. But this one is turning out to be a board. So me and neighbor decided to drop the idea. Now we are looking for different yarn to make the blanket by the deadline, which is the end of May. I know, that's a long ways to go and I'm glad for that.

In the meantime I'm working on the bear, but there is not much to show for, so I'll spare you the pictures. I have two blue ears and a nose done and I'm working on the second arm. When it gets more interesting as in maybe a half a bear or so, I'll let you take a peek. Until then, happy knitting, crochet or whatever you might have picked up at the moment.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great start to your blanket! I've never worked with chenille.

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Marina said...

Have you tried washing a swatch? My secret pal knitted me a cotton chenille wash cloth and that was soft. The pattern is pretty, so I hope you're sticking to that!

 
At 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Geli,

hab auch mal mit Chenille gestrickt. Für Katja einen supersüßen figurbetonten Pulli. Und nach der Wäsche war er futsch!!! Da hingen überall Schlaufen raus und war ganz eklig anzugucken. Der Vertreter meinte nur, ich hätte zu locker gestrickt... Haha, weil ich ja keine Ahnunmg habe!

Liebe Grüße
Karin

 
At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what that means, right? Riple Ripple Ripple!

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

I agree with Marina, try washing a swatch. Chenille IS supposed to be soft. OR maybe chenille varies from each yarn manufacturer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home