Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Color Options

OK, this is what I've been working on today. I don't have the stash resources like some of you semi-pro fair isle knitters, so I have to pull out the trusty color pencils and graph paper.
The pattern is the Bauhaus Fair Isle sweater from the latest IK issue, but I wanted to change the colors a little more to my liking. It was too dark for my taste and I am leaning somewhat to the purple side. Now this is only a rough draft of what I might want to get, but that all depends on what kind of yarn I come up with. In a couple of days I'm heading to one of our LYSs that has a sale and I'll see what they have to offer. If not, I guess there is always mail order.

4 Comments:

At 6:08 AM, Blogger Marina said...

Can I change my mind? I like the middle one. Beside having two of my favourite colours, it also looks happy!

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

WOW! I LOVE the Bauhaus Fair Isle sweater and I'm so excited that you'll be knitting it. I LOVE the blue and purple charts and can't wait to see which one you choose!

Good luck at the LYS

 
At 12:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love them all! Aren't I a big help? :) I have to check out this sweater in the current IK since I don't subscribe.

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Verona said...

I like the color combination, looks great! Do you have Excel on your computer? You can do the pattern in color in Excel and print it with the grit showing. That's what I did with the my Turkish pattern.
Verona

 

Post a Comment

<< Home