Saturday, April 21, 2007

In Limbo

I'm not sick, I didn't disappear, I'm just in limbo. It's that feeling you get after you have finished a bigger project and don't know what to do next. I check my list, I know you all have one, but nothing speaks to me. I do have one thing, a sweater I saw on Laurie M.'s blog, that I have to make.


Oh, you ware wondering about the Fair Isle and all the yarn and so on? Well, the fair isle is still on, but the yarn is on ice or better yet in a back and packed away. I know, I made a lot of fuzz about it, but I guess I have the yarn, but it wasn't the right project for it. So I add it to my stash and wait for the right timing. This one is different. I'm not going to change a thing. I just bought the pattern off of ebay and not I'm going to order the yarn from webs and take advantage of their sale going on. Hopefully the yarn and the pattern (coming from Canada) will be here at the same time.
In the meantime I've been knitting along on some really boring, except for the color, socks for my sister. She sent me the yarn, but the colors change so much, no pattern would show up and worth knitting. Once I'm done with those I'll post a picture, but until then, they are not blog worthy.
Lets hope the mailman drinks red bull and gets some wings and delivers my stuff fast to me. That will be my B-Day present to myself, I guess.
Happy knitting.

9 Comments:

At 8:04 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

I love that sweater! I would like to try fair isle but seriously doubt that my fingers have the skill to cooperate.

 
At 5:46 AM, Blogger Sue J. said...

The Fair Isle sweater is gorgeous, but I know what you mean about just not being the right time. Knitting projects can be very fickle. When it's the right time you will know it. I do the same thing-pick up socks or a scarf until something else calls me.

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Marina said...

Yee-Ha! So glad you found something where everything is to your liking ;-)

It's gorgeous!

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

That's a *great* birthday gift. I'm presuming you are buying your own gift since hubby is gone (sigh). You definitely deserve to buy yourself something nice and that sweater is stunning!

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Verona said...

I love the sweater, what yarn you will you use? The colors are just "my size". I love to knit Fair Isle, and yes when doing Fair Isle continental and English style knitting are very handy, because you can knit with both hands, one color in each hand. It’s a strange feeling at first but you will get the hang of it. It’s your B-Day? Happy Birthday to you!!! I never thought of buying a pattern on ebay, I always buy the book hm I should try that one day.

Verona

 
At 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a bugger of a time choosing colors to substitute in Fair Isle, too. I tend to buy kits to keep it simple for myself. I think the sweater you are planning on knitting is beautiful. I love the colors. When is your birthday? Mine is coming up in a couple of weeks, too. We'll celebrate together!

 
At 8:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ui Angelika,
daswird aber ein schöner Pulli! Kannst den nicht für die Strima umsetzen? Wäre doch ideal! Ich kann mich im Moment auch nicht so recht entschließen, was ich machen soll. Wenn ich keine Zeit für eigene Idden habe, dann schwirren sie mir immer im Kopf rum. Und ist dann frei, finde ich meine Ideen nicht mehr bzw. gefallen sie mir nicht mehr....
Tschüssi Karin

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Verona said...

Hey Birthday-girl
Schau mal an meinem Blog vorbei, ich habe einen Ring gegruendet und jeder ist WILLKOMMEN.
Verona

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger LaurieM said...

I didn't know it was your birthday! I hope you have a good one and that the mail comes soon. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home