Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Socks and more

Here is a post worthy picture of my sister's new socks, modeled by my now 10-year-old son. My god, his feet are almost as big as my sisters?

It's a simple two knit two purl cuff and a short row heel with another one as a toe and then closed up with the kitchener stitch. As you can see, any patterning would have been a waste of time, so we'll just let the colors do the talking.

Here is a picture of my latest project I'm working on, while I'm waiting for the UPS man to come to my door. It's s crochet bolero form an online yarn magazine.


It's Kimberly's fault. She is my, in this case, my crochet partner in crime and enabler for this project. Last thing we knitted was the Bonita Shirt and is was fun doing it together and giving each other moral support, when the pattern was giving us grieve. Also the little friendly competition keeps us going, instead of putting it down and doing other things in the meantime. This is what it's going to look like:



I just had to play with the pattern a little bit to make it work with the thinner yarn I am using, also it would have been a little too short for my taste. Other than that it's a pretty simple pattern and putting it together shouldn't half the trouble that the last project was. I'll post more pictures as it progresses and if I have any more sleepless nights, like I had last night, this bolero will be done in no time at all. Also go check with Kimberly and see how she is doing on hers.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At 10:46 AM, Blogger Sue J. said...

Wow! I love the bolero. You're giving me the itch to put down the needles and pick up the hook. Can't wait to see the finished product.

 
At 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute socks! Great bolero you've got going too!

 
At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee hee, Kimberly got you working on that bolero, too! I have the pattern, but I don't think my crochet abilities are up to that yet.

Love the socks! I hope your sister likes them, too.

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

You were wise to not do a pattern on those socks. The yarn colorway did all the work and they look great. Your sister is very lucky!

You and Kimberly were so fun to watch knit the Bonita shirts together, it will be just as fun to go along with you on your next top. Looking great so far!

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Oh my, you must crochet soooo fast!! How did you get so far? All my other knitting has been put on hold while I crochet this baby and you're still so far. Yours looks great!! I hope I'm doing this right. :-)

 
At 3:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What yarn do you use? did you make a swatch and what did it look like? what are the changes you made on the pattern? I am the other partner in crime, but I haven't started yet, as I think my yarn is thinner and I am so ignorant when it comes to crochet.
I'll just have to try, I guess.

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger Marina said...

Love the top! I think I need to get a "how to" book for crochet. Any suggestions?

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

the socks are awesome....as usual :) the balero is to die for! thats the type of top that makes me wish i knew crochet! grrrrrr

 

Post a Comment

<< Home