Thursday, April 26, 2007

One down, one to go

Well, here is a progress report on the crochet bolero I'm currently working on. I don't want to make my other two fellow crocheters feel bad, but I have one half done! I told you it was addictive. Plus I have the advantage of not having any other projects going on at the moment, so don't feel so bad. Like this I can let you know about any problems I might run into on the way, which wasn't many so far. I just had to make my yarn fit the pattern, so basically I just changed it to 201 stitches to cast on, because of my thinner yarn. Not everything is going smooth. I also had to unravel a good two rows, because I missed some stitches. I guess I could have just cheated and made up for them in the next row, but I wanted to make it right.

So, on the left you see the right half of the bolero. It's kinda hard to imagine, but that's why I folded it for you to get a better feel for it. The cast on row will be the side seam and the shorter side will be the front. The other peace will be worked the same way and then seamed together in the back. I hope that makes it a little more logical.

Well, stay posted and check with the other two girls Kim and Sabine (she has actually published some of her own sock patterns on Mag Knits). I can't wait to see how theirs will come along. Now I have to email my husband, so he won't feel so neglected.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Blogger Marina said...

It's lovely!

Will you please slow down?!

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Sue J. said...

Gorgeous! I can't wait to see the finished product.

 
At 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yours is the 2nd crocheted bolero I have seen today.....BEAUTIFUL! Makes me want to renew my crocheting skills! Here is another one ....
http://loveknittingannie1103.blogspot.com/2007/04/spring-bolero.html

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

That's beasutiful! You'll have that finished in no time!

 
At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you're really cruising along, aren't you? You and Kimberly are starting to make me want to test out my newfound crochet abilities...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home