Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Much better!!!

I'm happy. I took the sleeves off of my Bonita and redid the I-cord border and how do you like me now?

The before

The after

The close up of the make over



Much better I think. I tried the (now) sleeveless top on to take the picture and haven't taken it off since. I swear, I'm still wearing it. I'm so happy with it now. I still didn't make it outside with it though, because the 95 degrees on the thermometer don't seem very much inviting for me to go and check my mail. It's not going anywhere and will still be there, after the sun goes down. Now that I love my "new" top so much, I was thinking of making another one, similar to this one, but in different colors and pattern. The local library called today for me to pick up the books I reserved. They are three lace knitting books. I'll get them tomorrow and let you know what I found.



Also, I'm finally close to finishing monkey # 1. Somehow I just can't get myself to stick with these socks very long. I decided they will be for my sister in Germany, since I think I owe her some more socks for all the nice packages she keep sending me.

Also, the sleeve on the Fair Isle sweater is growing. I should be passed the half way point, since I'm on the second color repeat now and the sleeve ends on the third red part. Can you follow my thoughts without visual confirmation?

Keep the needles going, even if it's hot here today.

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

At 5:19 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Wow - what a difference! I really, really, really, really like Bonita so much better without the sleeves. So casual yet dressy at the same time. You could throw a jacket over it and go out to dinner, or take the jacket off and wear it with shorts -- how versatile it is - and all because you took off the sleeves! You are a brilliant knitter.

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger Maud said...

Much better!

 
At 3:16 AM, Blogger Erica said...

Great fix!

 
At 3:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perfect. It does look much better now.

 
At 4:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with everyone else, it does look much better. I'm guessing you'll get much more wear out of a tank top in that hot Georgia weather than a tee!

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger Cheryl in AZ said...

I absolutely love it without the sleeves... makes me want to try to make one as well. I just love the way the pattern looks. Maybe I will try my hand.

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Rhonda said...

That is so how I pictured Bonita! I'm going to have to do it now.

 
At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks fantastic like that. I'm glad you like it so much better - me too!

 
At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute! (and did you get a haircut???)

 
At 11:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohne Ärmel gefällt mir der Pulli auch viel besser. Oasst perfekt. In diesem Schnitt würde ich mir auch mehrere machen.... Bei uns hat es z.Z. auch 30 °C. Ist genug.
LG Karin

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Petra said...

Hallo Angelika,

ich kann mich den anderen nur anschliessen: viiieeeel besser!! Die Ärmelchen haben wirklich gestört und so ist das Teil doch wirklich vielseitig, weil man es auch mal unter eine Bluse im Herbst/Winter anziehen kann.

Liebe Grüsse
Petra

 
At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did such a great job changing it to be sleeveless! Although I liked it with the sleeves too ;)

 
At 2:07 AM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

I LOVE your improvements to Bonita. I really liked it before, but now it looks perfect!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home