Thursday, June 14, 2007

Happy Birthday Army

To all of you that didn't know it, today is Flag Day and also today is the US Army's 232nd Birthday. So

Happy Birthday Army!!!

Ok. I did my duty as an army wife, now back to the regular schedules programming, which contains knitting. Oh, that reminds me. Has any of you watched the show "Army Wives" on Lifetime yet? It's pretty interesting. It's on on Sundays at 10pm and repeats during the week a couple of times, like this afternoon at 2pm. Check it out if you want to.

Here is my finished body as well as the finished sleeves for the fair isle sweater. Taa-daa:


This is what's left over.


I only need some yarn to sew in the sleeves and to knit the neckline and the rest is..., well I guess it's going in the stash. Oh, Laurie, in September, if you should be running low on some of your Lopi yarn, remember, that I have some to spare, in case you need it.

I guess I could give you a little peek at what the UPS man brought me yesterday. Just in time when I finished off the second sleeve, the rang my door bell and brought me the package with the yarn and instructions from Knit Picks. Yuuhuu. More yarn.
(Sorry about the tease, but I'm not sure yet how much I can show and I don't want to get in trouble yet. :)

Of course I had to cast on right away and after a late nighter I actually finished the first piece. It's being blocked as we speak and I'm working on the second piece. Hey, I can knit and watch TV at the same time. At this rate I won't have any problem with the deadline at all.

Well, gotta knit and the kids demand their best friend (the computer) back. It's a hard life for kids nowadays, when mom needs to use the computer and they don't know what to do with all that time. Well, back in my days.... Don't worry, I'll spare you, plus I'm not THAT old.

Later and happy knitting. :)

5 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Blogger Marina said...

The Lopi is looking gorgeous! Remind me not to knit with you ;-) You're too fast.

Is that one or 2 yarns? Two pieces? Hmm, socks? Mittens? Give up!

 
At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some Army wife I am, I didn't even know about the Army's birthday or Flag Day.
Your sweater is moving along very quickly. I'm impressed!

 
At 6:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks fantastic Angelika! You're such a tease!

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Anne K. said...

Fabulous Fair Isle!!!!

I've wondered about the Army Wives program - thanks for the preview. I've been known to just leave the Lifetime channel on ALL AFTERNOON in my sewing room...as they blend magically from one story to the next...ever notice how they never put commercials BETWEEN the programs?!!! :-)

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Verona said...

That's Lopi locks incredible. Where did you get the pattern from? I like it very much even my husband said he would ware something like that in these colors.

Wunderschoen kann ich da nur fluestern!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home