Thursday, July 05, 2007

Chevron Scarf

Or should I say the things you do when you have nothing else to do? I signed up for the Chevron Scarf KAL last week and so miserably failed to produce a scarf with my first attempt. I didn't even make it in front of the camera, before the frog jumped it. It' was just not soft enough. So I took another look at my stash and found this.


This eventually evolved into that.


Now I'm surprisingly pleased with the way the colors change on the greenish yarn, which by the way I have no idea what it is. It's one of those mystery balls that my sister scored somewhere and it made it into my stash and now it jumped me. The blue one is almost as fuzzy, but I actually had a band for it. It's ancient from my aunts store and it's a acrylic/wool/viscose mix of some kind. Anyway, it's soft and I totally adore the way the colors change. Did I say that before already? Well, anyway, I guess that shows I'm really loving this and I might just keep it for myself instead of making this an early Christmas present for I don't know who yet.

I also have the monkey socks finally finished. You might not believe this, but after I have no idea how long the two little monkeys are finally together to play. Wow. Don't ask me why this took so long. Looking at Teenie's blog, she whipped out those monkey is only a couple of days.


My foot model was a little shy this time and his feet were too small for the socks, but I didn't want to stretch them out by putting them on my paddle feet. My sisters are a bit smaller than mine and that worked out with the pattern just right. The only change I made was, that I used the short row heel. It's just my personal choice. Somehow I just like that as a heel as well as a toe, even though I have to sew up the toes with a kitchener stitch. For me it's worth the extra step.

Otherwise, lets cross our fingers for the UPS guy today and hopefully you'll see some new teaser pics from my new Knit Picks project. I know I'm bad.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Blogger Julie said...

Hey those colors are really looking great together on your Chevron Scarf! Almost like an ocean effect. I'm anxious to see how my Lorna's Laces looks together - hopefully as good as yours.

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Hmmm... I'm quite tempted by the idea of this Chevron Scarf KAL. I was just looking at the pattern in LMKG the other day. I think I even have some complementary Koigu: one multi, one solid.

On another note, my LYS has a sale right now with everything 30% off, I would love to get a couple hanks of Malabrigo lace... any ideas for what I could make with it?

I'm out of sorts can you tell? lol

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Sue J. said...

Your scarf looks wonderful! I sure wish you could come up with the names of the yarns. I mean, it looks so soft and lovely. Socks look good, too. They're next on my list after Jaywalkers. And, yes, I could definitely use a teaser on your next KP project.

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

I love your yarn choices for the scarf. Although I love the yarn, it's nice to see the pattern in something other than STR.

Your sister is so lucky to be receiving the Monkey socks. They're beautiful!

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

The scarf is beautiful! Welcome to the web ring.

 
At 2:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The colors of the Chevron scarf work so well together! I love that you were able to find the yarns right in your stash.

The Monkey socks are pretty, too! I think a sister who sends you nice yarn deserves nice warm feet. With the awful weather in Germany right now, I bet she could certainly use them!

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Oh that scarf is gorgeous!! The colors look wonderful together. I must make some monkey socks. Now that I'm back online I see way too many cool things for my own good. :-)

 
At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

See? You made a great choice, the yarn looks great with that pattern! =)

 
At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the chevron and the monkey! Very pretty! Thanks for the shout out too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home