Saturday, June 30, 2007

Next FO/MS3 update

After recovering from that moving experience with the fair isle sweater I had to go right ahead and finish something else. Yup, the lace doily is finished too and just in time for the kick off for the Mystery Stole. So here is my finished doily. It's from the book "The Lacy Knitting of Mary Schiffmann" on page 41 and is called the plastic doily, because she retrieved the pattern from some cheap plastic print they sell in card stores. Funny, but it sure came out beautiful.



Instead of 18 inches like described in the book I ended up stretching it out to 24 inches. Must have been the yarn. So right now it's suffering on my floor, being tortured into shape, but isn't it pretty?

Ok, now that we have covered this subject really quick, lets move on the the next one. Yesterday Melanie released the first clue of this years Mystery Stole and I tell you it must have been a frenzy getting that pattern. I took my time. I waited a couple of hours and had not a single problem downloading the pattern and printing out the four pages for the first clue. I still get all the emails for all the messages people post on the yahoo group, but I sure don't get all of their problems. They are worried about the beads, the crochet hook to use, the color of the beads, the yarn, reading the pattern as a chart or written out. My god, use some common sense and just do it. Sorry, but I had to let this out. Most the time I just skim through the subjects and delete one after the other. The only message I really read are the ones from Melanie and with half of them she has to answer questions to topics mentioned above.

Now do you still want to see what the first clue looks like all knitted up? Originally I thought I could stay up all night and get it done, but that was wishful thinking. Plus I my good night sleep got interrupted by my dog barking when some kids (I assume) had nothing better to do than egg, tp, key and do some other disgusting things to some cars in our neighborhood. Hooray to my guard dog. My neighbors car ended up with salad dressing on the windows. Now that's a new one.

Where was I? Oh, yes, the clue. Well, I finished it today and pinned it out so you can see the beautiful pattern emerge.


The group is still open to new members until coming Friday. She will close up the group then and post the second clue. So if you got a taste for it now and still want to be a part of this group with currently more than 3500 members then go for it and sign up, because the count down is on.
No I'll go back and stare at my yarn and figure out what I'll do for the next couple of days until my yarn from KnitPicks arrives or the next clue comes out.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At 6:09 PM, Blogger Rhonda said...

The doily is gorgeous. I'll have to try one some day. You know when I have more time. The stole looks quite intriguing.

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Sue J. said...

First of all, the doily is exquisite. What a treasured heirloom that will be for your family. Second, I so agree with you about all the whining on the MS3 Yahoo site. I, too, have my Clue #1 done. Granted, I'm not using beads. But geez, as lace knitting goes, this isn't the roughest one I have done. I'll post picks of mine the first of the week. We have a big day tomorrow. Sshhh! It's a secret.

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Cindy, aka Maxfun said...

The doily is gorgeous! And you are much quicker than I am at the MS3. I'm almost through the first chart. I have to pay a lot of attention or I end up going back and adding in a YO that I forgot. Definitely not a mindless project -- like socks! :) It would help if I didn't have to stop knitting to work! But then how would I afford more yarn. LOL

KNIT ON!

 
At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are an amazing knitter! Great job!

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Love the doily. Love what you've knit so far on the MS3 shawl. Love that your house and cars were clean because of your awesome dog. All-in-all it's a regular love fest around here. Ha! Any big plans with the boys for the 4th?

 
At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful doily - love the way it turned out!

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

Beautiful doily! You are such a talented knitter.

I also have to say that I'm getting really irritated with the yahoo MS3 email messages. It is so difficult to try and get through all the messages to find the decent stuff because there's so much "crap" there. I swear 75% of those commenters must be knitting lace for the first time . sheesh!

Your stole is looking beautiful!

 
At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The doily is beautiful. You're really into lace mode right now, aren't you?
I can't believe you're already finished the first clue of the Mystery Stole.

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger Kimberly said...

That doily is really gorgeous!!
I'm hoping my MS3 yarn is waiting for me in the States. I hope. Yours is soo pretty.

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Monika said...

Your lace doily is very pretty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home