Friday, August 03, 2007

Chevron Scarf is done

Wow, that was one long scarf. I'm done, with this one that is. I finished the scarf actually two nights ago, but had to wait for the batteries for my camera to recharge. Now that that is done it's pouring out of buckets here and there is no better picture possible. Anyway, here it is, my fuzzy chevron scarf in all it's 85 inch glory.

I just kept on knitting this scarf until I had no more yarn. The funny thing about it is, that I used two yarns that, except for the fuzzyness, had nothing in common what so ever. At least not that I knew off, and they both ran out at about the same time.

What a coincidence. So I guess that means they were made for each other. Now, what to do with the other lonely ball of blue yarn?
For all of you that are knitting the Mystery Stole 3. Did you get today's clue? What do you think about THAT? Are you going with the pattern? I don't think so. Swan Lake as a theme is OK to me, I would have never guessed that, but then I was never into the theme guessing thingy anyway, but knitting wings into a shawl? I'm glad I'm slow on this one and didn't get to the lifeline yet. I think I'll go with the option of knitting the whole darn other half again and then grafting it together. I hate grafting. I was wondering if anybody comes up with the idea of just knitting it down to the other end. I know who to knit lace and to follow the pattern, but I don't know how much it would effect the pattern if I would just keep on going. I think the decreases and stuff would look different, coming from the other direction. So I guess grafting it is. I can't wait to see some of those "wings" posted. I'd also like to see a picture of the finished, blocked shawl. Not that I'm going to change my mind, but I'd sure like to see it. Well, Pat, what do you think? Wings or no wings? (That sounds kinda like an always commercial :)
My baby blanket is coming along too. I had to run and get a second ball of the baby colored yarn just to find out that naturally after a year of laying around in my knitting room, now they had a totally different dye lot. The colors are a little different, I think. The lavender is a little more blue, the peach is a little lighter, but it's a baby blanket and the colors are separated by the white. I just hope that the overall patterning won't turn into vertical stripes. I had that happen before with a second pack of yarn too. What a bummer.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger Sue J. said...

Congratulations on finishing the scarf. Mine is 60" long and holding. Can't wait to see what project hops onto your needles next. Have a great weekend.

 
At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The chevron turned out so nicely! I haven't yet looked at the MS3 clue since I'm not knitting it but it will be interesting to see everyone's different/same FO.

 
At 6:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm definitely going with the wing - did you see her schematic? It's not as weird as it sounds...I already started the short rows!

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger Brigitte said...

The chevron scarf is lovely! Can we see a close up of the design?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home