Friday, August 10, 2007

Socks, take two

I got a call from my sister yesterday, which got me motivated again. She ordered a Piglet from me. Well, that gives me a reason to knit, or better yet in this case crochet again. So off we go, but before I make this little piggy I also talked to my niece, which would be really happy to have some new hand knitted socks. Can you believe I have someone other than me that will actually wear them? So I went and dove into my sock stash again. I didn't want to use the same yarn that was linked to my last failure, so I got a different one. One of those sale yarns, 99 cents a pack yarns, but still with the right contents and gauge.


I saw this simple, but fun pattern on Monika's blog and jumped to it and here we are, more than half a sock is already done. See, I can knit them fast, if I have the motivation for it. I had to turn the flash off for the pattern to show better, but I'm knitting again. Socks with my trusty short row heel and no problems. Great.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 1:34 PM, Blogger Sue J. said...

Ah, so glad you are knitting again. When the knitting is right, all is right with the world. Can't wait to see the piggy. I haven't seen it before. Hope you have a good weekend.
Sue

 
At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome to find someone to knit for that will appreciate it!

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Glad you're knitting again. I really didn't want to pass on any bad knitting vibes to you! And if you're so easily motivated, could I convince you that I need one million dollars and you could help me with that? Is that how it works? Just kidding. Have a great weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home