Tuesday, August 07, 2007

And frogging we will go...

Yup, I did it again. I frogged those poor socks. Why? I didn't like the way the gusset was coming along. I had 72 stitches instead of the usual 60 or 64 stitches on my needles. That was the first thing that was bothering me. Then I decided to step away from the usual short row heel that I like and go with the pattern. Fine, I did that and then decided to decrease all the way down do 64 anyway. Well, my feet are neither fat nor flat, just long and the way the sock was coming along, I don't think I would have had fun wearing it, if it was too loose around the ankle. I absolutely hate it when the socks don't fit and I get blisters from wrinkled up socks inside my shoes. So, to make this story short, I pulled the thread.


I'm very fast with that lately, I've noticed. Does that mean I'm not happy with what I'm doing? I just can't make up my mind on what I want to do next and I thought a quick project would help, but it didn't. Of course cleaning up my two boys' rooms for the last two days didn't help much either. Maybe that was the reason for the quick rip. I sure made more than a few trips to the trash can with full bags. I am actually getting ready for a yard sale at the end of the month so that was my reason for weeding out clothes that were too small, moving the ones from the older boy into the "holding area" until the little one would fit into them. Then I was going through toy! What was I thinking? Did you ever sit down and sort Legos from Duplos, Matchbox cars from Happy Meal Toys, Playmobil from anything else and so on? You won't believe how many zip lock bags I used to sort all this stuff.




Have you ever seen that many legos in a box? You know you are getting good when you pick up a tiny piece and you know what "family of toys" it belongs to. And half of them I found in the room of the kid that always complains about not having any. Hmmm, where were they all hiding then?




Tomorrow I have the last of it with the books and that should be the end of that.




I also kept all the jeans. Why? I'm planning, some day, but don't ask me when, to make a scrap throw out of them. Just cut up the jeans in different size squares and different shades and sew them into a unquilted rag throw. Sounds good? Well, don't hold your breath that it's going to happen sometime soon, but that's at least my excuse for holding on to those jeans.


Now, what to do next. Of course there is still that baby blanket that seems to be growing into almost a bed spread. Don't know what I was thinking when I was casting on, but I'm at the end of the second pastel ball of yarn and it's still not even square, but it's growing at least. Underneath you can (barely) see a regular size baby blanket, you know the kind that comes with a sheet and bumper set.
My mystery stole is in a time out until I see the next clue knitted up on someone's blog and I decide what to do with it. Besides that I'm waiting on Knit Picks yarn (again) and that is it. Nothing else. Oh, I'm so sad, now it's my turn to look for my mojo. It's like an epidemic that hits everybody sooner or later and now it's my turn. I better find something, fast!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 6:00 AM, Blogger Sue J. said...

We've all been there at one time or another. Sometimes not enough projects, sometimes too many. You'll find the right one/ones. I'm sure whatever you find will be lovely. Props to you for sorting Legos. I threw them all in one big bin.

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger Marina said...

I hope you sorted the Lego into different shapes & sizes ;-) Mine used to be that way till the younger kids got into them.

That always happens to me when I begin a project without thinking too much about it first!

 
At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have boxes and boxes of legos here. I hate stepping on one in the night! Bummer about your socks!

 
At 4:46 AM, Blogger Julie said...

You're amazing - cleaning up the kids' rooms in this heat! And I'm sure you're feeling it down there. Thank God for central air conditioning, eh? But you'll be glad you have that done and hopefully the knitting funk will leave you. I sat and watched a movie last night and started knitting a simple dishcloth. Hopefully I'll be able to move onto something in a bit because this knitting curse is killing me!! I hope I didn't pass it on to you - maybe it's just the weather.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home