Sunday, August 12, 2007

Knit Picks # 3


Here is my latest Knit Picks project. I know, it's not telling you anything, but that's the point of it. Just to keep you guessing and looking for it in the catalog. Hi, hi, I can be so cruel sometimes. I apologize, but it's fun. Anyway, I got the yarn two days ago and I'm already half way done with it. It's a small knit this time, but it also literally flies off the needles. At this rate I hope they'll offer me a second project for this month, or I'll be "knitless" (is that even a real word?) again soon. I do have to finish the socks for my niece and crochet Piglet, but that is the only thing right now.

I was asked by Keri to knit the Ene Shawl with her. I really like the pattern and I have 76 grams of Shimmer in my stash. Now I ask you: Is it enough? Do I really need two full skeins? Has anybody here knitted it before and can tell me how much it weighs (in that yarn anyway)? I just don't want to start it and then have a little left to finish it just to find out I'm running out of yarn.

Also I have the "Charmed Knits" book at home right now. Guess what my oldest asked me to knit him? Yup, the robe! Is he crazy? I don't think so. How many times is he actually going to be wearing it and how much time and money would I have to invest in it? No way. So he is settling for some House socks. Which house, I don't know yet. I personally like the simple design of the grey House sweater and might just make one like it for me? I'm definitely on a sweater trip, so until I get it out of my system, I'll be hunting for the perfect match of stash and pattern (again).

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh the yarn came! It's knitting up nicely!

 
At 5:35 AM, Blogger Marina said...

A lace pattern I've already done? Impossible! I'm afraid I can't help since I did it in a DK weight.

 
At 12:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty! You're really going to knit the robe?! You're a much better mommy than me!

 
At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I may join you and Keri in your little knitalong. I've been wanting to knit Ene for some time now. I'm not sure if 76 grams of laceweight will be enough to knit it, though. If I remember correctly, the pattern calls for fingering-weight yarn.

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger Julie said...

I like those colors a lot. Definitely looks like a fall/winter knit there. Don't you love the Charmed Knits book? And the robe is great too, but honestly that's a lot of knitting for once a year - if we're lucky!

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

You're test knitting for them again? You lucky lucky girl! I'd kill for that job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home