Saturday, August 25, 2007

My new friends

To make up for the mutilated picture of the headless Piglet in my last post I'm trying to sooth those little hearts that felt so badly about this image with a finished, smiling Piglet. There he is, all happy to be stitched up and finished.

Then I wanted to show you his new friend, or what is going to be his new friend. Shield those eyes again, if you are the faint type, because my new buddy Sheldon is still missing some of his pieces.


He's trying his best to cover up, but his shell is just not big enough yet, but I'm doing my best to change that. Sheldon's family can be found on the Knitty website, where I ran across his instructions. He is a fairly fast and easy knit, only the stuffing part might be a little tricky, if you don't keep up with it and wait until you only have 20 stitches left on the needles.

Here is also what I started reading, finally. I know this is a couple years old and I've seen the movie plenty of times, but most the time the book is so much better and more detailed. Now I just need to find the time to sit and read instead of knit. That's going to be the challenge.


And on another note I want to thank an eabler for the box of notelty yarn I received yesterday. It was quite a surprise. I expected a couple of skeins, but not a whole box full. I guess that means a whole bunch more scarves in my future? Did I forget to mention that there is another layer under all of this?

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Blogger Bonnie said...

What a darling Piglet! And Sheldon looks sweet, too.

I just got my Knit Picks catalog yesterday and saw your Diagonals in Flight Cardigan. Nice work! You must be very excited.

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Rhonda said...

Piglet is darling. We must be connected in some cosmic way, I'm reading Harry Potter too, but on audiobooks. (that way you can still knit, girl!)

 
At 1:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute Piglet! Have fun knitting up all that fun fur and reading!

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

SO CUTE!

I've had Sheldon in my queue for awhile now. I'll be interested to hear what you thing of the pattern.

 
At 5:05 AM, Blogger Julie said...

Wow! That is a lot of yarn! And you know the best way to knit and read at the same time? Head to your library and see if they have Harry Potter on tape/CD. Jim Dale does an amazing job with the storytelling, it's very soothing listening to the story and knitting at the same time. And also this way your boys will be able to enjoy it with you! At least for a small amount of time. Try it and you'll be surprised how much you enjoy it. Especially since you don't sacrifice any of that all-important knitting time!

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Soo said...

Piglet is fav.

And Julie is absolutely right about books on CD - I listened to the first 6 Harry Potters to remind myself of the story so for in preparation for book 7. Fab fab fab. And I got lots of knitting done!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home