Sunday, September 09, 2007

Long time no Post

Yes, I guess I was getting kinda lazy about the posting thing, but I had a good reason for it. Totally unexpected and literally out of the blue, my husband, supposed to be depolyed to Iraq, suddenly shows up at the door step. Wow, what a surprise. He didn't get a second vacation, he was here on TDY, as in had to do some Army stuff. He had to go to work, which still left me with knitting time, but totally kept me from blogging.

In the meantime I got another finishing project from Knit Picks, that is already on the way back to them and doesn't really need much more mentioning. Then I started on the second crochet baby blanket I did not too long ago, just this time in blue. It's coming along good.


Then I knitted up some more hair scrunchies from the single packs of novelty yarn. They sure make my little rat tail of a pony tail look "Carmen"-worthy.



Now I'm still trying to figure out which yarn to use for the braided shawl, which kicks off on the 15th of this month and then what to use for the "Secret of Chrysopolis", which starts on the 29th of this month. In pitty session on Saturday, after I dropped off my husband, I had the credit card out and several yarn websites going at once, but finally tucked it away again, after looking at the stash I have and decided to make do with what I had, one way or another.

11 Comments:

At 2:27 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Kudos to you on your self control. I just hate it when that credit card slips out. sort of

 
At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that was a surprise, having your husband come home again! Those times never last long enough, though. I admire your willpower to put the credit card away after he left. I have been know to indulge in a little retail therapy when I'm feeling blue :)

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Monika said...

I love your Baby Blanket! I find that I order yarn or roving when I'm blue, rather than eat chocolate, my next best friend! Wow, I envy you your self control! I just picked up some mohair/wool blend roving today, which I've ordered weeks ago. I'm knitting from stash too!

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Sue J. said...

Wow, that is some will power. I envy you. I have my eyes on the new Knitpicks Options Harmony needles, and it's killing me not to just leap over there and order. So glad your hubby was home, even it if was TDY. Sounds like some new shawls and stoles are in the offing. I'll look forward to pics. Glad you are all ok.

 
At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is TDY? Glad that you got time with the hubby. Been wondering where you were!

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

That had to have been a nice surprise to see your hubby. My credit card went boom when hubby was sent to Korea for a year.

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Oh I'm so glad he came back for a visit. Even if he was working all the time, and honestly that's probably much more enjoyable because there's less pressure to entertain him all the time. (Smile) Good for you for having such good self-control on the yarn sites. You'll feel better for not having spent a whole lot of money on yarn when you already have it. But you do deserve a pleasant surprise. Something nice I think.

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Kathleen in Ormond Beach said...

Wow! What a great surprise! My favourite kind ;)

I really like the two-toned baby blanket. Makes for great eye candy.

Enjoy your time with hubby. Zum Wohl!!

 
At 6:07 AM, Blogger Marina said...

Awesome! That has to be better than not seeing him at all.

What were you going to buy?

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Yarnhog said...

Thanks for stopping by to visit my blog. It looks like we have a couple of blog friends in common. You and I are the same age, and I was a foreign exchange student in Germany when I was a teenager, which is where I learned to knit.

I love those scrunchies! Do you do them as tubes on dpn's?

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Verona said...

Scrunchies schaun toll aus. Ich habe no 1000 plus mehr von dem Garn. Toll fuer die kids und natuerlich fuer dich auch, das dein mann da war ueberraschend. Was ist den TDY?

Bis dann!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home