Thursday, August 30, 2007

This is what I've been up to

Well, Sheldon finally made it out of his shell. Hooray. I sewed on his legs last night and gave him his finishing touches and I think he is presentable. He's not exactly like the pattern in Knitty, I did some minor changes when it came to the I-cord and the leg color, but all in all, he qualifies as "Sheldon", I think. I ran into the problem of not enough yarn in the main color, so I changed his legs over to the shell color and instead of the I-cord edging around the shell, which for some reason was way to scientific for me to understand that day, I just slapped it together with a round of single crochet. I'm sure he won't mind. I also don't think he can ever get rid of his shell, like it was intended, because I'd say it fits him rather snug.

The other thing I've been parading around with it this fuzzy scrunchy I made. It's almost like a fuzzy doughnut and my dog thought at first it's a new toy for her to play with. Eeeenk, wrong answer. I put my hair up, wrapped that thing around it and all of a sudden is looks like I got tons of hair and I can proudly support the Carmen-look. (Excuse the lousy pics, but I had no model or photographer at hand, so after much trial and error and some uncomfortable bending of the arm and angling of the camera, here is my somewhat presentable result).


Also, I have signed up for some new KAL's, most of them I don't have the buttons for yet. I am a member of the "Flechtmuster-Tuch KAL" for a triangular Shawl with braids, but unfortunately the instructions can only be found in German language in the current Anna knitting magazine. I also got an invitation from my good friend Keri to join her brand new "Fingerless Mitts for Fall KAL". I think it's a great idea and that's the first time she is hosting her very own KAL, so lets go check it out and I'm sure we'll all find a good reason to knit another one of those fabulous gloves, except they have no fingers. Just imagine how much faster they will be finished!
I've also given up on the Swan Lake Stole and turned my attention to last years Mystery Stole "Scheherazade". I only have minimal progress so far, so there is no good picture yet that would actually be worth showing, but I'll keep on knitting. I'm also trying to make some more scrunchies for the neighbor's girls and I've also been doing some of these cute leftover mini socks. I've heard they also make great lip gloss carriers. Hmmm, I wonder what else they could be used for.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 2:06 AM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

Sheldon is too cute! I haven't attempted him because he looked too "fiddly". Would you recommend the pattern?

The fuzzy scrunchy is so cute. I'm sure the neighbor's girls will love them!

 
At 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute scrunchie, I really like the way it turned out!

And yea for fingerless gloves, this is going to be a ton of fun, so glad you're going to join me! ;)

 
At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sheldon is too too cute! Hooray for another KAL to join too!

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

ooo, the turtle is way too cute! i just joined the fingerless mitt KAL! we're gonna have fun :)

 
At 12:19 AM, Blogger Verona said...

I like Sheldon; does he has any siblings? The Hair thingy is cute I should try one for my daughter Lene's hair. :)

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Kathleen in Ormond Beach said...

Suesssss!!! That Sheldon is the absolute cutest - I can't imagine him looking as good in another colour ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home