Saturday, September 22, 2007

Here is another KP

Woohoo, did anybody get the latest Knit Picks email yet? You did? Check out the fair isle and tell me you love the nice purple one.


That would really make my day, because I knitted that one! I love it. It was fun knitting it. I think the sleeves might be a little long or the body a little short, but it was right on the measurements and the model wears it so nicely. I'm so proud (sniff) and as you can tell, also very excited.

Really makes me want to knit even faster on the new pattern and yarn I got two days ago. I'm knitting it with Swish Superwash in Lemongrass Heather.
So far it's nice to work with and things are going pretty smoothly with it. I'll let you know if I find any pilling on it, like some people talked about. The other yarns I used were Wool of the Andes and they were fun to knit too, very easy to handle, but knowing that this yarn, Swish, is superwash, makes me think about ordering it for one of my own projects. Maybe in DK?
On another note, I finished the Braided Shawl last night (needed the needles for the Swish :) ), but it's not picture worthy yet. All the loose ends are still hanging and it's not blocked yet, but I threw it around my shoulders on my home from my neighbor's house last night (even in Georgia it does get a little cooler around this time of the year) and it was just the perfect thing to wear. I might just get used to it, who knows. I'll post pictures later.

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo Angelika,
wow, der Pulli ist klasse! Könnte mir auch gut gefallen.... Viel Spaß beim Stricken!
LG Karin

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Marina said...

That looks really good! What do they do with all the stuff when they've finished photographing them?

Seems like they're giving you a lot of work, which I guess is a good thin?! At least, it keeps you busy and out of trouble ;-)

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Sue J. said...

I did see this sweater in the email! Beautiful, lovely. Congratulations on such a fine job. Can't wait to see what you are working on for KP now. Also, anxious to see the braided shawl upon completion. Hope you are having a great weekend.

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Cindy, aka Maxfun said...

Wow, girl, you really have been turning out some knitting! The sweater is lovely. I've only been doing small projects for KP. Not sure I'd be willing to let go of a sweater once it was finished because it would take me a LONG time to get it completed. :)

Can't wait to see pics of the shawl!

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I do love the purple one! Well done Angelika!!

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Congratulations! It's gorgeous! I would really like to knit it actually. I can't use 100% wool though... I would need a merino substitute. Do you know of a good one?

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger Yarnhog said...

I didn't get the email, but I LOVE the purple one! Great job on that gorgeous knitting!

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Monika said...

First off, congratulations! This is really a nicely knit sweater, and I like the color combination! I usually like Knit Picks yarns, have lots of it already, but not so much of the newer stuff.
Now, please tell me a secret! How did you untangle the mess of 200 pig tails and get it braided? I've just finished knitting them, and now I need to be an occtopussy or something. I was cursing so loud, my son said, "you wanted to do this". Well yeah, but who would have thought I had to handle cork screws and braid and straigten them at the same time! ;o) Grrrrrrr.

 
At 7:38 PM, Blogger Rhonda said...

That purple one is gorgeous. I haven't got my knitpicks newsletter yet. Canada, Eh? I love that lemongrass colour too.

 
At 1:14 AM, Blogger Verona said...

Mei der schaut wirklich toll aus. ich hoffe die bezahlen dich gut fuer all die Arbeit, oder geben dir zumindest genug Wolle fuer Zwei pullover so dass du dir auch einen stricken kannst. Gut gemacht!!! Bin ganz stolz auf dich!!

 
At 1:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautifully done Angelika!

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

Girlfriend, you are so talented! That KP fair isle sweater is so beautiful! Congrats on getting so much KP work. It must feel so good!

 
At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful job on the FI for Knitpicks! It must be so exciting to see your work in the catalog.

I knit a sweater for my little guy recently using Swish DK. After two washings, I see very little pilling. I was expecting much more, but so far, so good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home