Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Tangles tamed

Here is an update on the braided shawl. Now you get the idea why it's called that.



After getting all the fringes done they had to be tamed and put in order. For that, they needed to be straightened out and put on an extra cable one by on. Then it was time to pick them all up and that's where I found out that I made a huge goof up. I knitted one fringe per 3 stitches, which left me with less than I needed. Since I already did all the knitting, picking up and all the other stuff there was no way, that I would pull at least two days work out just like that. So I'm just working on my own version of the shawl. I just had to adjust the stitches, pick up 3 instead of two per fringe and I was back on track with the stitch number. I hope this doesn't effect the outcome of it too much, since the braids are looser and have to stretch a little further. We'll see, when the "blob" comes of the needles for good.


Now another question for knitters of the Endpaper mitts or anybody that is more computer inclined than me. How can I print the Endpaper Mitts pattern off of Eunny's blog without all the other stuff and especially without all the comments attached to it. I just want the pattern, nothing else, or do I have to knit them in front of my computer at all times? I also don't want to sit here and type or write the whole thing down by hand. So if you have any suggestions for me, I'm all ears. They are ment as an entry in Keri's Fingerless Mitts for Fall KAL, which I haven't gotten around to obviously.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, Blogger Cindy, aka Maxfun said...

To print just the pattern from Eunny's Web site, put your cursor at the beginning of the pattern, click and drag to select the entire pattern, then copy all that (Ctrl-C on a PC) to the clipboard. It should take pictures and everything. Open a Word file and paste the text into a new document (Ctrl-V on a PC). Pictures and text of the pattern should show up. Save the file and you're good to go! :)

 
At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just pulled the endpaper pattern for you and emailed it to you as a PDF - things I do for fellow knitalongers ;)

Enjoy!

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow - that braided edge is cool! Fiddly, but it looks impressive.

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

You're making me feel relieved that I didn't join that knitalong. I don't think I could have executed it at all. It looks so pretty though.

 
At 4:51 AM, Blogger Julie said...

What a lovely shawl - I looked at the KAL site and thought, "Oh I'd have no trouble with that shawl...up until the braided part." I can't wait to see the finished product.

 
At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another way is to highlight exactly what you want, then when you print, click "print selection" and it will just print what you have highlighted.
Your shawl looks like it is going to be beautiful!

 
At 2:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's very cool! I was going to send you the pattern in PDF form but it seems Keri already has! Let me know if you still need it.

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Ceylan said...

Angelika, I posted a few pics of the Tangled Yoke cardigan that I'm knitting in the Knit Picks Swish DK...so far I like the yarn. I'm not in love with it, but I think its a great substitute, especially when money comes into play (I didn't want to spend $100 on yarn for a cardigan!!). What project are you knitting with the Swish Superwash?

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger fluffbuff said...

Your braided shawl is beautiful. I would like to buy that pattern, but so far have only found it in Danish. Do you know if it's available somewhere in English?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home