Sunday, September 30, 2007

Breath.......

I swear, if anything else would have gone wrong yesterday, I would have screamed. How would you feel if you just dropped of one of your kids to a birthday party and two hours later you want to jump into your trusty Jeep to go pick him up again and the darn thing won't start? Yeah, exactly. I put in the keys, the gauges went crazy and that was the end of it. No more sign of life. Now what am I supposed to think now. And to top it all off, it was parked in front of the garage, where my other car is parked. Lucky for me I have a couple of friends that lent me their car without even hesitating and I was able to pick up my kid. Then, after I had figured out that it's probably a bad soldering connection to the battery, came the other drama. No juice, no locks! How the heck to you lock a car that has only one key hole and the electronic is shot? To make it short, I did get a sign of life out of the car, after I put on a new connector I bought, long enough to lock my car for the night. It's still not running, but I got access to my husbands car now. Hmm, I guess I'm forced to drive around with the cool Mustang now for a couple of days until my Jeep aka. the grocery getter, is fixed. I'll suffer so baldly ;oD

Now to better news. I did happen to finish the first Harry Potter book and moved on to the second one. Woohoo.


Oh, you wanted knitting news? Sorry. I've been a bit torn between projects right now. I started the Endpaper Mitts beginning of the week for Keri's Fingerless Mitts for Fall KAL, but haven't even finished the first one. But, for my defense, I'm at the thumb increase, so I'm making progress, just slowly.


What I was most occupied with, besides my nasty neighbors (doesn't everybody have them?), was the latest Knit Picks project. Remember the green one? Yeah, that one. For some reason that one has been dragging too. Must be me, because the pattern is not hard to remember and I enjoy knitting with the Swish.
(I know it's not the best picture, but that's how it's supposed to be)

To add to it, the new Lace KAL "Secret of Chrysopolis" has started on Friday and the only thing I got to do on that one so far is read all the comments and posts on the yahoo group and print out the pattern. It looks nice so far, has a great border and is really promising. You can see first pictures of it here and there is still a chance to join in. The pattern is written out as a chart and is easy to follow as long as you know what ssk, YO, k2tog and a sl 1 k2tog psso is and it's pretty much bilingual in German and English. So there is no excuse not to check it out and I've even found a couple of people from the Mystery Stole KAL again. Imagine that.

I've also ordered a new book, some yarn and the new Harmony Options needle tips from Knitpicks and can't wait to get all my stuff. But we all know how it works, when you are really, really waiting for something. Seems to take double as long, but I think I have enough to keep my mind and hands occupied until the mailman shows up for me.

Until then, don't let those needles cool too much. It's getting colder outside.

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Blogger Marina said...

Sorry about the problems with the Jeep! At least, you'll look better in a Mustang ;-)

That's the only problem with online Retail Therapy ... the wait! Don't pounce on the mailperson, OK?

 
At 9:29 AM, Blogger Sue J. said...

so sorry to hear of your car troubles. There's nothing worse. Your projects look lovely. No fair enticing us with the KP project. Let everyone know how you like the Harmony needles. I ordered DP's but everything else is out of stock until sometime in October. Hope you get your car fixed ok.

 
At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope things get better soon for you! I'll call you later today.

 
At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Car troubles are bad enough, but having them while your hubby is gone makes it so much worse. I hope the Jeep gets fixed soon.

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

Sorry to hear about your car, but aren't having great friends the best!

How long will you be "teasing" us with your latest KP item until we get to see it in print? Unfair!

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Yarnhog said...

Arrgh.

But at least you're making progress on Harry Potter. I plowed through books 5, 6, and 7 in a two week period this summer, because I had fallen behind (after my kids learned to read for themselves), and I was so worried someone would blow the ending before I got there!

 
At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got done rereading HP#1 too and almost done with HP#2 - love those stories! Sorry about the hardships with the Jeep and neighbors and knitting. Hope thinkgs look up for you soon!

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Soo said...

I HATE waiting for deliveries!!

I'm in the Secret of the Chrysopolis group but don't have time to tackle it just yet. Hope to soon as it is looking lovely!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home