Friday, October 19, 2007

Too Cute

Let's start off with a non knitting thing. Meet my little sons new Spanish class friend. He doesn't have a name yet, but they made this sock puppet in Spanish class and have to bring them to school on the right days and they get to talk to them. He (I assume it's a boy) is too cute. Oh, and the one on the right is my son ;)



Here is a quick picture of me - knitting, what else.





Here is a picture of my dog. My son got camera happy and wanted take pictures of everything until the batteries went out - again.





And this is what I picked up at our local Goodwill store this morning. I know, some people won't be caught dead in there, but I didn't have much to loose, right. And now look at what I dragged out of there. It's a Cashmere/Silk short sleeve sweater with beats in a purplish/grey heather color with beats. No, I'm not going to wear this, but I'm going to recycle it, take it apart and will have a good 4 ounces of yarn, minus the beads. And all I paid for this is 3 dollars. I know it's some work involved, but I couldn't say no to this. Even doubled that would make a nice lace something, don't you agree? No, let's get back to them needles and then pull out the little bitty scissors and the winder. I'll give you a before and after shot as soon as I'm done with it.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

what a great idea! and your new family member is super cute ;)

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Sue J. said...

Love the pictures of your family. How wonderful! And what a score at Goodwill. I'd do the same thing in a heartbeat. Cashmere? $3? Go for it.

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Monika said...

Your son is a cutie! What's your dogs name? Can't wait to see how the recycling project is going. I'm way to lazy to do something like that. ;o)

 
At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute pics by your son and of you and your son!

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

Great photos! Your son is adorable and your dog reminds me of mine. How weird since mine is all golden retriever and yours is part chow correct?

$3 for Cashmere and Silk? GO FOR IT!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home