Thursday, October 18, 2007

Knit Picks Gloves

This is what happens if I surf the Knit Picks website: I run into my projects online, before they get printed in the catalog. There are the gloves I made. Does anybody remember the colors?


I always love the model shots so much better than having them laying somewhere on the couch to take the picture. I even managed to match the color repeats on both gloves. They are nice and long and have buttons on the sides. Woohoo, I'm so excited.


Another one of the projects is up too, but I couldn't get the picture to show, so I'll get back with you on that. It's the carnival Baby Blanket. I can't really take credit for that, because I only added the border as a finishing touch to it.


This morning I had a frogging party. I got up at 04.30 am. Why? I'm not used to having company in my bed and whenever one of my boys can't sleep they come into my bed and then I can't sleep. So I put that time to good use and straightened up my knitting/computer room. Now I can see the floor again and most of all, I can use the futon to sleep on it, if there should be need for it. Oh, yeah, the frogging. Did you ever wonder what happened to Mystery Stole 2 and 3? Well, they are wound into nice little balls until further notice. I'm sure I'll find a project for it soon. No hard feelings.


Also, the first one of the second set of Endpaper Mitts it done and I'm working hard on the second glove. Since I got to work a little early yesterday I sat outside and worked on it, which got me another Endpaper project. Gosh, what is it with those mitts? The next ones are going to be shorter and hot pink with black. Woohoo. But they match the girl that wants them. Shield your eyes for the picture.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At 8:32 AM, Blogger Sue J. said...

Love the gloves. Very nice job. Sorry you were up so early. That's typical for me. Just my body clock, I guess. It's always good to sort through the stash and realize how much you really have.

 
At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray - congrats on your beautiful gloves, your detail work is impeccable! Look at those finger joins!

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Erica said...

Fantastic job on the mittens! They look perfect. I should send you all my gloves, just for the fingers. ;)

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Monika said...

Wow, the gloves are fantastic! Love them, and the colores too. But I'll never ever knit gloves, even if I like them a lot. You are quite busy, and I can't believe you've got another pair of endpaper mitts in queque! ;o)

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

I remember those colors! What fun gloves. I so wish I lived some place cold where I could knit up a new hat or gloves for some quick fun.

As for strangers in bed. I have a 5 yo who still comes and gets in my bed... every night! It doesn't usually wake me up anymore but last night it did and I briskly (yet compassionately I'm sure) sent him away. Sleep is too precious.

 
At 1:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job on the gloves!

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger Julie said...

Those gloves look great! And honestly I'm anxious to see how the hot pink and black Endpaper Mitts come out. It will probably be very striking.

 
At 5:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo, Angelika!

Die Handschuhe sind einfach super - ein echter Hingucker!

Liebe Grüße

Birgit

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

The gloves are fantastic! I'm so impressed you were able to match the color repeats. WOW! Beautifully knit (as usual)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home