Friday, October 19, 2007

Mitten Blockers

How do they say? "Necessity is the mother of inventions"? Well, what's a knitter to do when there is no such a thing as a mitten or glove blocker and she has not sock blockers either? Make one. Of course. So here is what I found to use as my own personal mitten blocker. Cool, huh?


No, this is not a commercial, but I do like the Dew ;) I just took two empty cans, some duct tape (everybody should have at least one roll of that in the house and in the car and maybe even in your purse) and taped them together to fit the mittens. After soaking them I pulled them over and ..... success. Now they can dry in peace until I find out Monika's address and off they'll go.

That was a fast knit and guess what - the pink is already on the needles. I also was asked to make some gloves/mittens for my neighbors daughters, but I think I'll suggest a different pattern, since too much is too much. There ARE other patterns out there, you know.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Blogger Rhonda said...

How about the new fingerless mitts in Veronik's new Classic Knits book? I've got my eye on those next....maybe!

 
At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are beautiful! I saw them at the Fingerless mitts KAL too. You do such nice work!

 
At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a creative idea for mitt blockers, I've got to try this!

 
At 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool post as for me. It would be great to read something more concerning that theme. The only thing I would like to see here is a few pics of some devices.
Alex Trider
Phone jammers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home