Monday, October 29, 2007

I got a swift

The mailman had to come to my door today and drop off a package that was just too large for the box. I have to admit, I was kind of worried about it.

I found this swift on the internet and after seeing the prices for all the other ones I was surprised to see this one priced so reasonable. I found it on ebay as well as on etsy and ordered it. Today, when I checked on the seller (theknitstore), I had to find out that the listing on ebay was gone and also that his store was empty. Panic attack? Can you blame me? Well, there goes the blond brain again. I guess I got the last one, so now the good man has to sit down and make some more. No wonder they weren't listed any more. So now I have my very own swift - an no yarn to wind. What a bummer. Now if the mailman DID happen to leave me another package that DID fit into my box? We'll see, because I ordered some lace yarn and that has to be wound. Hi, hi, hi, I get to play with my new toy! I know, simple things please simple minds, right? (Not today, I didn't get the yarn yet :( )

On another note, I finished the first piece on the knit picks project # 6 today and unless the lace yarn comes in and distracts me immensely, I'll be off to start on the next piece. It's really soft, I tell you.

Preview for the next blog entry: Pumpkin heads

7 Comments:

At 6:44 PM, Blogger Yarnhog said...

What do you think stash is for? It's not just for knitting, you know! I've kept my son busy and happy many an afternoon winding skeins of stash yarn into neat balls.

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Love love the swift! My oldest loves to work the ball winder for me. :~)

 
At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool swift! Now you have to buy some yarn to wind!

 
At 5:00 AM, Blogger Petra said...

Ich muss mir auch unbedingt eine Haspel kaufen. Ich habe hier mittlerweile so viel Strangwolle liegen und ich bin es leid immer mit Stuhllehnen zu arbeiten.

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Julie said...

A handmade swift. I'm anxious to see the final product. Honestly if this doesn't give you an excuse to go and buy new yarn, nothing does. Besides isn't this a work-related purchase? You are a professional knitter. (Hey, I'm always here to be an enabler, it's a gift!)

 
At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, ich habe heute die neue knitpicks bekommen...auf der Titelseite, wow, so schoene Handschuhe:)...ich habe den swift auch, bin aber nicht soooooo begeistert...naja...
liebe Gruesse, Anja

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger AuntieAnn said...

I have a swift that looks a lot like that, and I love it. DH made it from some instructions on Crafty Diversions' blog.

Thanks for your comment on my entrelac attempt. I have to admit, I am rather pleased with it myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home