Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"Grey Matter" FO

You have to excuse me, but I had a little too much "Ben 10" intake this weekend. My kids are absolute fans. And since I've been frantically working on the grey test knit to finally finish it, I thought it would be appropriate to nick name it "Grey Matter", like one of the characters in the movie. Of course it has a much lovelier name in reality and it turned out really nice, but I'm waiting for the model shot on the Internet or the catalog to appear, before I claim it as mine. :)

So with that out of the way I can finally throw myself onto the swap mittens, which I so badly neglected. Sorry Katie, but I'll get right to it. I'm jumping back and forth between patterns and yarn to try to find the perfect combination, but it's not easy knitting something for somebody I don't really know. After all I don't want her to unwrap it and say "oh, oh well, anybody want those?" Not, I want her to know that those were made especially for her and lots of thought and effort went into making them. After all, that's what should go into any project.

Then I have to report that I'm knitting along on the Shaped Triangle too, but the rows seem to get soooo much longer every time. Wait, I'm not imagining that, they are getting longer. Ha, ha. I'm about 20 rows away from the edge, but that doesn't mean I'm done. It still has a nice border going along side the edge. I'll keep you updated and I'd like to show some pictures, but "grey matter" can't be revealed yet and the shawl looks like a big blue blob, not very appealing. So I guess you'll have wait a while. Sorry.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 1:01 PM, Blogger Monika said...

I'm glad for you that you are done with the sweater. Can't wait to see it! I'm intrigued what you come up with for the mittens swap! Don't all lace shawls look like blob's? I like the transformation after blocking! Knit faster, so we can have something to look at, no preasure! ;o)

 
At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait? Wait?

All lace shawls do look like blobs until they're blocked. At least mine do.

I'm sure your mittens for the swap are going to be gorgeous.

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Bernadette said...

Gray Matter... ROFL!! My two boys are fans, too - they loved the recent movie on Cartoon Network! I am sure the shawl looks very pretty, unlike the character! ;)

 
At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see your projects. My kids don't watch much tv but when they do - I can't be in the same room - their shows drive me crazy!

 
At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angelika --- I have something for you over at my blog!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home