Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Santa is done

I finished the snowman's friend, the Amigurumi Santa, today and gave it already to my friend as a christmas present. Due to his small size he'll probably find a spot on the christmas tree as an ornament. I made him with sock yarn, that's why he turned out so small. I'm not so sure I'm in enough of a christmas mood anymore to make the matching Reindeer this year, but there is always another christmas and this time I'll try to start earlier (cough, cough, yeah right).

Anyway, I had a request for another boys baby blanket and since I like variety and have the freedom of choice I decided to not go with a row or ripple design this time. I found a Tumbling Blocks pattern from Coats and Clark that I liked very much. The bad thing is, there are lots of loose ends to weave in, but I'm keeping up with them right as I finish the block. The good thing is, that I can make this blanket as big as I want it. The baby is already 3 months old and will probably be another one older, by the time he gets it.


Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The tumbling blocks crochet pattern is really cute - you chose the colours well!

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

That blanket is going to be so cute! I need to learn to crochet.

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Katie B said...

The Santa is adorable, and the baby blanket looks so soft!

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Monika said...

The Santa is real cute, with his big belly! How do you find all those patterns? Why do cute designs always have to be with a ton of ends to weave in? The Baby Blanket will be gorgeous! :o)

 
At 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Santa is so cute.

I love those tumbling blocks! An optical illusion I can see.

 
At 12:51 AM, Blogger tiennieknits said...

Catching up on your posts - great knits you've finished! Happy holidays to you!

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

Stop it! Everytime you flash your beautiful crochet work, it makes me feel like I need to pick up a hook.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home