Saturday, December 15, 2007

I guess I was good this year?

I almost forgot to show you what the mailman brought this week, totally unexpected and out of the blue (gotta love that man). I received a big, padded envelope from Monika in Canada and she surprised me with some really nice goodies. Here they are.



She sent me the Holiday Gift issue from Interweave Knits and two skeins of gorgeous Koigu yarn in just the perfect color for me next to some wool wash for me to try. Maybe that will give my Lopi sweater some softness? It might just make me tuck in all those loose ends and actually block that thing. Monika, thank you sooooooo very much. It was such a nice surprise. I could say I'm speechless, but we all know that's not the case. :D

Now let me get back to my second Mermaid glove. Yes, I'm still working on them. Having to figure out the pattern on your own, just by following a picture, is not that easy, but absolutely manageable at times. I have to reverse the "scales" for the other glove, but since I know where and how to do the fingers and especially the thumb now, it should be no time, until I can present them to you. I have no interruptions planned, so let me go "fishing" again. Today is not an outside day anyway. Thundershowers are to be expected. Yuck. Let's cuddle up with some knitting, a book and something in the crock pot.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:59 PM, Blogger Monika said...

You are very welcome, Angelika! I'm looking forward to the finished Mermaid mittens. :o)

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger tiennieknits said...

Enjoy your gifts!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home