Thursday, December 06, 2007

Something fishy going on


Can you recognize the pattern already? Does it look fishy to you? It should, because this is the beginning of a pair or Mermaid Gloves I'm knitting for Keri. I'm following Cookie A.'s pattern so far, just with smaller needles. I'm actually about double that far by now, but didn't want to bother with a more recent picture. It grew since this morning. I'm actually getting closer to the thumb gusset and I'm wondering how I'm going to proceed. I've dug through a couple of patterns for the gloves I found, since the ones from the craftoholic don't really state exact instructions, but they either have different stitch numbers or both go in the same direction. These are supposed to go in the opposite direction, to make them look nicer, in my opinion.
So I guess I'll either trust one of the worked up patterns or I'll figure it out myself and play it by ear. After all, a glove is pretty much a glove, right?

This is pretty much it for today's news from the knitting front. Oh, and did you notice the cute bag in the background? This is one of Keri's very own sock and project bags. I got mine as a birthday present from her, but she is making more and has already successfully sold some in her etsy shop. There were none up for sale right now, but I hear from a reliable source (cough), that there will be some up for grabs soon. So keep checking out her shop to score one. Sock monkeys anyone?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 7:51 AM, Blogger Monika said...

My eyes zeroed in on the bag right away. How cute, I thought, lovely pattern on the fabric and me likes the color too! :o) Of coures I'm too cheap to buy one, since I could sew one myself. The yarn is lovely for this project. Are you knitting them on three needles???

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger NostalgicKnot said...

Thanks for leaving my tams a nice comment on my blog. Your Mermaid Gloves look interesting =)

Happy Knittting,
Angela the Knitnerd

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Knitty Gritty Thoughts said...

Hehe - thanks for the shoutout - I greatly appreciate it! =) My mitts look soo yummy - that koigu is divine in that pattern and my fingers are cold just typing this, thanks for warming my hands up!

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Katie B said...

I can't seem to find your email address on my computer, but I wanted to let you know that I received your package today. I absolutely love everything, especially the mitts!!! Did you use your own pattern? If so, you should really look at getting it published--it's amazing. Thank you SO much! I'm borrowing my mom's camera, so it will take me a couple of days to get the pics downloaded onto my blog (and the FMFF blog), but I wanted to say THANK YOU!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home