Friday, December 21, 2007

Thar she blows!!

Don't ask, it just sounded good right now. I have another FO to announce. And since they are no secret christmas knit, I can show them off too. So may I present the finished Mermaid Gloves, first knitted by the Craftoholic, adapted from Cookie A.'s Pomatomus socks. They look pretty close to the original ones and are knitted with Koigu KPM 100 % Merino Wool in color 2171111, just if anybody is interested. I used the suggested 72 stitches on size 0 (2mm) Brittany needles. The pattern is reversed for the second glove. I liked it better this way, even if it made the knitting a lot slower, having to slip the first stitch off, twisting the second, slipping it back onto the left needle before I could finally k2tog. Otherwise the stitch wouldn't have been twisted and I'm a little picky that way, even if the gloves aren't for me, but are going to be on their way, hopefully today or tomorrow, to Keri. I hope you enjoy them, because I'm not knitting them again. Sorry. This was not a mindless, sit in front of the TV, knitting.

Up next will be a skull hat. I have the yarn ready. Usually I don't swatch, but in this case I will, since I'm using some kind of mystery yarn again from my stash that somewhat looks the part, but I have no idea what the mileage or gauge on it is. After that I'll get right to the pattern and hope to have some new pictures to show to you soon.


Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those look great! I'm so glad that I'm not the one that knit them. :-)

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Monika said...

Beautiful! They are wonderful, and special, because you put so much time and effort into them. Lovely color, they look perfect!

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Marianne said...

Aye, me hearty, those are Gorgeous! Amazing and Beautiful!

hmmmm... makes me think I should give that pattern a 'go' at some point...

Midwinter blessings to you.....

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

They look great!

 
At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The gloves are beautiful and very impressive accomplishment. I can't imagine how difficult it is to knit those little tiny fingers but I don't think I will ever give it a try. I'd like to have a sweater with that shell pattern.

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger Verona said...

I like the pattern... Nice job..

 
At 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooo, pretty!

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Shawna said...

those look so cool!

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

Absolutely impressive. I've knit fingerless gloves and the Pomotamus socks, but I can't imagine combining the two. I know it was a lot of work, but they turned out beautifully.

 
At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The gloves are wonderful. Would you either please post the pattern or send it along to me if I email you? Thanks. Martha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home