Monday, December 31, 2007

Another FO

I seem to be getting quite some things done here in the last weeks. It's interesting, because my kids are out of school for their Christmas break and you would think I'm busy all the time with them? I guess that just leads to the conclusion that I need lots of knitting therapy right now to keep me sane, right?

Well, here are my fuzzy comfort socks, found in the German sock knitting book "Das geniale Sockenbuch". They are called "Sneakersocken" and the cuff is made by adding some fun fur in with the pattern on every other row. I think it makes for a nice surprise when you sit down, fold your legs over, the pants happen to pull up a bit and out comes a poof of yarn. It's quite the effect, trust me. Usually I'm very perticular about the socks being started at the same spot in the color repeat, but she didn't care about that and with all the fuzziness it was hard to figure out what color it was and where it is in the ball of yarn. With the ever changing colors there was no chance of the Second Sock Syndrom sneaking up on me.


This particular pair is going to my neighbor and she was oh so happy to put them on yesterday. She picked the colors too and wants me to make some more of them. I guess I found me a sock victim here. We'll see.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Blogger Rhonda said...

Nice socks. Happy Holidays, Angelika and happy knitting in the New Year.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Yarnhog said...

Those socks are really cute! I have a secret fun fur fetish. (I love fun fur trim. Shhhh. Don't tell. I try to pass myself off as a serious knitter.) I think I'd really enjoy having a poof of bright yarn pop out unexpectedly.

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Petra said...

Die sehen richtig gut aus! Was hast du denn für eine Wolle verwendet?

LG und guten Rutsch (bei uns ist es in ca 75min soweit)
Petra

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Cool Socks! Now I know how to get rid of some of that fun fur in my stash. I'm betting the kiddos will love socks like these. :)

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Cheryl in AZ said...

What great socks!! Well done Angelika, I am looking forward to all your very neat projects in the coming year!!

Keep up the great work :)

Cheryl

 
At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those totally rock!!! LOVE THEM!!

Happy New Year friend!!

 
At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, die sehen supercool aus:) Ein gutes neues Jahr noch! Liebe Gruesse, anja

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Soo said...

Tee hee -- I defintiely know someone who would LOVE those socks. Fab idea.

Happy 2008!

 
At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now those look fun. Your neighbor is very lucky to have someone willing to knit socks for her!

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

So cute! Your neighbor is very lucky indeed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home