Saturday, January 12, 2008

Not to worry

I haven't disappeared, just been busy. School started back up after Christmas break and the normal routine is settling in again, which at the same time means less knitting time for me. It's not that I haven't been knitting the last week, oh no, it's just with all those FOs I had during the holidays I ended up starting a couple new ones and, well I can only knit on one of them at a time and that makes it seem like no process at all. You know what I'm talking about.

Now I did get my yarn from Knit Picks and I'm happy to report that I'm almost done with the second part of it. I know, all those secretive hints, but I'll see if I can squeeze a little mystery picture in. It's coming along, but mainly stockinette can take it's toll and get a little, well, let's say monotonous at times.




That's were Laura's Garden Party Shawl comes in. Did I mention that I'm doing that test knit for her? She just published some of her patterns and came up with a new one and called out for test knitters. Well, it's not that I didn't already have enough things going at once, but seeing her previous lace projects, I just couldn't resist and signed up for it. I'm knitting along with two other ladies and together we are testing, knitting and filing this pattern to perfection. Go check out her blog to see some progress pictures of hers. It's the bright pink one. Mine is going to be "gold" colored. I hope that's what you could call that color, but I guess that depends on the mood and the light. I'm behind the other two speed knitters, but thanks to them visiting TNNA I have a chance to catch up to them. After all, it's not a race, just friendly competition.




My little tam is hiding in my purse. It's my take along project and has been badly neglected the last couple of days. It falls into the same category as the KP, just in purl instead of knit.


Now lets get back to the needles, before they cool off.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

The shawl is really pretty Angelika!!

 
At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The stripes are cute. And I love the way the shawl is looking! :-)

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

I love seeing your sneak peek photos of your test knits, but really, you're just tease. ;-)

No chance on catching up anymore. We're back from TNNA (hee hee). I love the color of your yarn though.. it's going to be gorgeous in "gold".

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Yarnhog said...

That coral color is really pretty, and I do love a nice stripe. I can't wait to see what it is!

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Stell said...

very nice - I love that shawl pattern, such a pretty edging. Thanks for stopping by at knitknitfrog - if you let me know what colours and weights you like - I'll keep an eye out for something on the next trip to the milton mill, and post it over. No hurry - my cc needs to recover from the holiday spend, so in 2 or 3 months or so?

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Monika said...

Lets say it's gold colored. The shawl looks really promising.

 
At 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw a peek on Kristie's blog and now yours...It is going to be a beautiful shawl!

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Your gold shawl is looking fabulous, Angelika. Just fabulous. Thanks for test knitting it for me! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home