Monday, January 21, 2008

Progress

OK, so today we are going from Blaah day to Cleaning day. Don't ask me why, but I had that bug today, that I couldn't live in my house one more day without cleaning. I pulled out my trusty Bissell Flip It and went for it. Every time I changed the water, I had to show my kids how much they "helped" in messing up my house. Between them and my dog, who I ragged on too for having her nose and paws all over everything, my complaints seemed to be ignored, but it sure made ME feel better muttering, while I was cleaning. Now I feel somewhat better in my house and know I've accomplished something on this holiday (not like I only clean on holidays).


Another accomplishment is, that I'm almost done with the knitting part of my KP test knit. Two sleeves in three days. Woohoo. I have exactly 10 more rows before I cast off and then block the sleeves. Then I can continue on Laura's shawl, totally free of guilt. Well, kind of, there is still that dreaded baby blanket and I'm sure the baby won't stop growing for a while, so that's not helping either, but I have to set my priorities. I'm determent to finish both of those projects before the deadline and so far it's looking good for me. Cheer for me, please. Thank you. I'll give you another sneak peak at the KP, before I send it off this week and also try to get a decent shot of the progress of my shawl. But if you want the real deal, the finished project, then check out Laura's blog or go to Ravelry. She had the pattern registered there too.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 1:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Misery does love a scapegoat!!

Nothing like a finishing a deadline to feel good about the rest of your knitting. Good on ya!

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Cleaning day... oh no. Now don't go giving me any wild ideas here.

You just got an award at my blog so stop by when you get a chance. :)

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Monika said...

Now exactly how you feel. Complaining seldom helps, but it makes us feel better. I've got those days too, when I feel I've ignored the mess around the house too long.
Your knitting looks like knit with a machine, so even. I looked at the Garden Party shawl. It looks great! Looking forward to see your version.

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger ~Kristie said...

How do you like your Bissell? It looks like a pretty good solution to all my flooring issues. Can you believe that there's only one room in my house with carpet?

I have multiple projects with deadlines going on right now too, It's definitely tricky to manage them all isn't it? BTW, thanks for torturing me with the KP sneak peek.

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Cleaning sounds good to me. It feels so good to look around and see clean floors. Because then you can knit without any lingering guilt! :-)

 
At 10:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always put off cleaning too but am so glad when I get it done - especially the floors!

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Julie said...

That stockinette may be boring but it sure is mighty pretty. And send your boys up to my house...I need someone new to blame for my house being a mess. Everyone here just tunes me out.

 
At 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two sleeves in 3 days? I can't bear to go any further... ;)

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Monika said...

I've given you an award, which is making the rounds in blogland right now. Come visit my blog and see! :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home