Tuesday, February 05, 2008

In case you've been wondering ...

what I've been up to? I've been nursing my nasty cold. It's think it's finally getting the hint, that it's no longer welcome and I'm getting more productive. I'll spare you the details on the cold front.

I've finished Laura's Garden Party shawl (blogger won't let me link to her right now), tucked in the last loose ends, tried to drown it and then put it on the stretcher :). Hey, I'm just getting even now. Unfortunately the gold color doesn't give me a very good contrast on my beige carpet to show you the stretched out version, so I suggest you have to wait until it's dry and I'll try to get a model shot instead. It's gorgeous though and worth knitting it for sure. Now, as you might know, this is not your average beginners shawl. It works in many different directions, but Laura made it easy to follow her instructions. All of us testknitters put our two cents into the final version and I think it's ready to go. In the meantime, until it's available either on her blog or at the Loopy Ewe (right Laura?) you'll just have to put up with drooling over the finished pictures. I'm still waiting to see what Kristie's (Guilty Pleasures) version looks like.

Then I've been casting on my new Knit Picks test knit. I know, that's all I seem to be doing, but trust me, besides being sick and then having to take care of my also somewhat (maybe just pretending to be?) sick children, I have a life (somewhat) and a job. Imagine that. Anyway, I'll take a teaser picture in a little while, so you can all try to wrap your brains around what it might be I'm doing this time. Hi, hi, I know, I'm so mean, but isn't that one reason why you keep checking back? Just one?

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 9:04 AM, Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

Glad to hear you're starting to get over the cold. Feel better soon.

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Glad you're feeling better!

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Ashley said...

I am so glad to hear that you are on the mend. Those lingering colds are not fun! I can't wait to see the finished product of your beautiful shawl!!

 
At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're getting better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home