Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Garden Party Shawl WIP

I just wanted to show you how my version of Laura's Garden Party Shawl looks like so far. After completing the latest KP, I could concentrate on this one. After all those repeats on the border I finally have the pattern memorized. Well it's about time, I say.

This is only a quick picture in a semi pinned position, just to show you the details a bit. My batteries for the camera wouldn't let me take any more pictures right now. Of course Laura's pink shawl is great and I hope my gold one is not so bad either. It just doesn't seem to be as big as I wanted it to be, but I guess that's what you get for using mystery yarn. We'll see how far it stretches when it's all done. So, hopefully I'll get there by this weekend, because the yarn for my next KP test knit is on it's way and all I can say is, it's going to be lacy too. ...



Also I got caught in the latest sick wave, I guess. Between me working with a lot of people and the kids in school, there are many ways to catch a cold and I seem to be pretty good at it. The last two days were the sniffle and cough days, today it's the body ache day. Thank god for DayQuil, or I'd be totally down, but I do feel like I'm in a bubble. So long drives and shopping trips are definitely out of the question right now. Good thing I hit the mall before all this started. I scored a 100 % cashmere sweater at Old Navy for 75 % off. Now how great is that?

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The shawl looks fantastic!!
I love Old Navy sales - and 75% off is totally my price point!

 
At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that shawl is gorgeous! I'm looking forward to the pattern release.

I hope you feel better soon. Being sick sucks!

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Yarnhog said...

Beautiful shawl! It will probably stretch quite a bit after a good soak.

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Rhonda said...

Very pretty! I like!

 
At 11:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very great.

That shawl is so gorgeous!

Sorry to hear you caught the bug! My parents are on their SECOND round of it this year. Yikes.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger fluffbuff said...

This shawl is gorgeous! Is the pattern going to be available soon?

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Monika said...

I like your shawl version a lot better, since I don't especially like hot pink. See, it had to be, you were destined to get that sweater! :o)

 
At 2:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That shawl is amazing! Your skills at lacework is enviable.

 
At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm waiting for the sun to come out to take FO pics of my shawl. I'll be posting mine on Monday. I can't believe you memorized the border pattern. WOW! I'm impressed. It looks beautiful. How fun that we're all knitting such drastically different colors.

 
At 5:14 AM, Blogger Heidi said...

Wow! That's beautiful! Now I have another shawl pattern I want to try!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home