Monday, March 24, 2008

Risata anyone?


Can you use a lot of your imagination and see a dragon emerging from all of that tangled mess? No? Well, unfortunately he is not "pulling" himself together, so you'll have to wait until I get around to it. But he's been patiently waiting.

The reason for his neglect is this:


This is what came in the mail the other day and it the next project for Knit Picks. I've already told you that I'm knitting with their new yarn Risata, but that's all I can really officially give a way. It's really hard to hide what this is going to be. Duh. But the yarn knits up really nice and even. So if you are interested in some summer sock yarn, I'd give this one a try.

But did you notice those needles? Those are the Harmony DPNs I got in Keri's package. I had to try them out. I never used 2.25 mm before and they are shorter than my regular sock needles too. I love them, especially since purple is one of my favorite colors and there is a lot of that in those needles. This project is really flying off the needles, but it doesn't look like I'm going to have much yarn left over this time. It also taught me a forgotten technique, that I might just use more often in the future. Got you interested? Well, don't torture your brain too much.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Blogger Ashley said...

I know how tempting "new" yarn is! I gave in too, lol. Looking good! I always look forward to the unveiling of your projects :)

 
At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I see the Dragon! Can't wait to see both your projects finished.

I'll have to check out those Harmony dpn's.

 
At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't see the Dragon at all .,,, but I'm sure it's there. ;-)

I think the Risata yarn is a bit to "scratchy" for my taste, but I LOVE their Felici sock yarn. It's so amazingly soft and scrumptious. However, I think the Risata sock yarn is going to be very durable, so that's great. I can't wait to see what the finished socks look like.

 
At 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I squint and tilt my head, I think I see a dragon. :-)

 
At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh very pretty - so happy you are enjoying your needles! =)

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

Where in KY are you moving? peggyDOTsturgeonATinsightbbDOTcom

 
At 4:50 AM, Blogger Julie said...

I see the dragon. As long as he is not in 3D. And I like the yarn and like the needles - and I like what you're saying about both. I may have to order some and give them a try.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home