Thursday, March 20, 2008

I Do still knit, you know


I finally have the Tam done, that was hibernating in my house for a while. The constant purling and the frequent increases made this a slow project. But it's done. I can only show you the blocking picture right now, since I don't have a victim to model it for me. The pattern is from the Holiday 2007 IK and I used some mystery mohair yarn from my stash for this. Now I just have to find a worthy recipient for this one.

Then I've been working on Elliott the Dragon, also from the 2007 IK Holiday issue. I'm knitting it with some handspun yarn I received a while back from Rachel (Have you any Wool). This was the perfect project for this yarn. The color changes make this an interesting dragon. He still needs to be sewn together, before we can show him. He seems to be a little shy. :)

Then I got new Knit Picks yarn in the mail today. It's for the next project and it's their Risata yarn. Hmm, what could that turn into?.....

Happy knitting.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute tam. A dragon? I hope he gets over his shyness soon! :-)

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Yarnhog said...

Pretty!

I've been considering ordering some Risata. I'll be interested in seeing how it turns out.

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Marianne said...

The tam is Gorgeous! It's been on my 'list'... yours is great inspiration.

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Monika said...

Lovely Tam, even though red is not my color, I like the star design. I do have this Magazine, but have barely looked at it. Didn't see a dragon in there. Handspun is good for such things. I saw a very cute Rabbit made out of handspun, and want to make one myself. Do tell how you like Risata, not that I need more sock yarn, but it would be good to know.

 
At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love red anything so I especially love your Tam.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home