Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Mohana Progress

Wow, has it really been two weeks since I last posted? Two weeks, since my husband has been back and we are a "normal" family again? I guess not everything is back to normal yet, if I don't find the time to post on my blog regularly. I still have to get used to the new "schedule" that includes him.

But I have been knitting too. I even put my KP project on hold to knit on Monika's Mohana Shawl . Here is a picture of the process that I made so far.

I'm only 13 rows away from the end and the rows are getting longer and longer (Duh!). I'm glad I have a long deadline to finish my KP testknit and it doesn't interfere with this one. I just wanted to get this done and any bugs worked out, so Monika could make the necessary corrections on the pattern, before we let the rest of the knitting world at it. After all, did you check out how many people already queued that shawl? Wow, amazing. And I'm the first to actually knit it after her. What an honor. Monika is so talented, when it comes to things like this.
Sadly I have to say that I ended up frogging the toe up baby cables sock. Why? It just wasn't fun for me right now and I didn't want another UFO hovering around, so rather than wondering what happened to my needles, that I was using, I pulled them out and turned the yarn back into a nice little yarn cake. I'm still going to knit socks, just not right now. I guess I have to be in the mood for it.
Ok, back to those 13 rows now. I don't think I'll be able to knit in a dark movie theatre tonight. We got free tickets to see "Ironman" and even though it's a school night, we are going. I hope it's worth it.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm probably going to see Iron Man but shhh. I can't admit it out loud.

That shawl is really darling! But of course, between you and Monika.

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Lovs2Knit said...

The shawl is looking great.

 
At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're getting the "family" time!! The shawl is looking great!

 
At 7:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a pretty shawl! Don't worry about us, just enjoy your hubby being home.

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Monika said...

It's been ages, since I went to the movies, but you can't say no to free tickets. Let me know how you liked "Ironman". You even thought of knitting at the theatre? I think it's nice to have some moments without knitting needles in ones hands. :o)

 
At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty shawl so far! How was Ironman? I want to see it, but can't leave the dog that long yet so we're waiting for DVD.

 
At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd much rather see you spending good quality time with your family than hanging out here blogging. ;-)

That shawl is really pretty. Not that I *need* to add another item to my queue.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home